Urban Terror Forums: Sr8 Mod - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Sr8 Mod Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   samschrag1521 Icon

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

Okay so I have a 14 slot game server with B3 but I want it to be SR8 only

How do I set this up. I would like it SR8 only and you can't pick other weapons etc etc

#2 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Use the gear calculator to find the proper value for g_gear (it’s 61 for snipers only, but for all I know, you may also want to allow nades and/or pistols).

Next, you’ll need the Weapon Control plugin for B3 that allows you to disable PSG-1 (g_gear doesn’t give you control over specific weapons, only weapon groups). It’s the dirtiest part of the setup, forcing players with disallowed weapon(s) back to spec whenever they try to join a team, and showing them a PM explaining why. Although you can just use this plugin to disable everything, it’s a good idea to set g_gear anyway — the cvar simply strips disallowed weapons, keeping the “forcing people to spec” part at minimum.

In case you strive for the “most anal server” title, you can also use a plugin imaginatively called NoKnife for SR8 only servers:-P
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#3 User is offline   samschrag1521 Icon

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 27 August 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Use the gear calculator to find the proper value for g_gear (it’s 61 for snipers only, but for all I know, you may also want to allow nades and/or pistols).

Next, you’ll need the Weapon Control plugin for B3 that allows you to disable PSG-1 (g_gear doesn’t give you control over specific weapons, only weapon groups). It’s the dirtiest part of the setup, forcing players with disallowed weapon(s) back to spec whenever they try to join a team, and showing them a PM explaining why. Although you can just use this plugin to disable everything, it’s a good idea to set g_gear anyway — the cvar simply strips disallowed weapons, keeping the “forcing people to spec” part at minimum.

In case you strive for the “most anal server” title, you can also use a plugin imaginatively called NoKnife for SR8 only servers:-P

THANKS!!!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942