Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

choppy Rate Topic: -----

trying to make it smmother with graphics settings

#1 User is offline   TurtleTears Icon

• Account: turtletears

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I have a ultraportable with a 16:9 screen (1366x768) its choppy in regular settings so i selected all low setting but when I go an change the resolution to something like 960X540 (a lower 16:9) it changed the size of the whole program isntead of fitting the screen. so i guess if i use custom it has to be the same size as the screen? are there any other ways to boost performance? i have a AMD Radeon HD 6320. thank you for your time.

#2 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Look at this guide for getting the best performance

http://dailynade.com...gh-cvar-tweaks/

About the resolution. I would suggest that you find out what resolutions your desktop does support (you can't just take any resolution that is 16:9). Rightclick on your desktop, press "screen resolution" and try to see what different resolutions your computer supports (move the slider). Use the lowest if you need to.

Now here's a pretty important fact: The bottleneck on UrT is the CPU, so you may try to close all unneeded programs in the background. You can use Gamebooster for that.

Also UrT is only running singlecore, so if you have more, then it can happen that it gets slowed down, as it doesn't know on what core it should run and then switches all the time. Go into taskmanager and set the affinity only to one core.

Also set the affinity on any other heavy program onto another core, than UrT.

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942