Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cheater from wildcatsclan Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   negoziatore Icon

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

i have a demo of a cheater, cheked with r_shownormal, he follows his enemy with his sight fru the walls. I no i must wait admin approval but i'm not so interested in subscribing, just want to upload the demo... F10

#2 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

http://wildcatsclan.net/

#3 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostMajkiFajki, on 07 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I think what hes saying is that he don't want to register at their site (wich is required for uploading AFAIK)

#4 User is offline   Father Goose Icon

• Account: fathergoose
  • Main tag: |WC|

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for the responses thus far guys.

Hi negoziatore. As mentioned, that's how we handle demo uploads.
We don't hassle you or spam or anything. But if you're interested in playing on our servers and getting cheaters banned, I encourage you to register and submit the demo. Then it'll be taken care of as soon as possible. I already approved your account anyway.

It's why a lot of these groups and clans have Web sites to help interact with the players who frequent their servers.

take care,
~ |WC|Father Goose

#5 User is offline   versus666 Icon

• Account: versus666

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Keep in mind someone may impersonate anyone if there is no system in place to avoid that. If I'm not mistaken I remind seeing some people on their banlist that used the WC tag.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostFather Goose, on 07 November 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

We don't hassle you or spam or anything.

are you kidding? There are like 37 different captchas to wade through for registration, and if you use a blacklisted disposable email, you get IP banned. Kinda hypocritical?;)

I realize you have a really active message board with thousands of posts a day and it's a juicy target for Russian marketing, but there's paranoia and then there's WC. I've found several cheaters on your servers, but just can't give enough of a fuck to find a working proxy and try to register again. You might want to have a public submission forum for demos, or even just some sort of script that only allows POSTs if there is a dm_68 being uploaded. You can captcha it all you want. lool

This post has been edited by don: 09 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#7 User is offline   Father Goose Icon

• Account: fathergoose
  • Main tag: |WC|

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

What are you on about, don?
We have 1 easy setting captcha and 1 easy question to answer to register. People are registering at a highly regular rate. Yes, we don't allow disposable e-mails. Your registration is then denied if we notice the e-mail when checking the approval; otherwise, the account becomes banned when signed into. Your IP is not banned, not sure where you're getting your facts from. Don't use disposable e-mails to register on our site, simple.
Thanks for your suggestion but go try to hijack/troll another thread.
Not really that worried whether you upload demos or not. negoziatore was able to upload his demo and that's enough for me.

This post has been edited by Father Goose: 09 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

#8 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Postversus666, on 07 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Keep in mind someone may impersonate anyone if there is no system in place to avoid that. If I'm not mistaken I remind seeing some people on their banlist that used the WC tag.

IP geolocation is one method, provider name is another, GUID is another, cvars check is another, game ping a further one.
If you have admin rights on the server it is very easy in 99% of cases to separate fakes from the true player.

aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

#9 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, and when you tell them, they will say it was their little brother... :wacko:
I've seen this in the past :rolleyes:

#10 User is offline   versus666 Icon

• Account: versus666

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Postlebbra, on 09 November 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

IP geolocation is one method, provider name is another, GUID is another, cvars check is another, game ping a further one.
If you have admin rights on the server it is very easy in 99% of cases to separate fakes from the true player.

The important word is IF.

A normal player isn't admin so he/she don't have access to any of these methods ( ok, ping at best, usefull only if remembering the mean ping of all legit clan members ;) ).

Add to that they are very unreliable. E.g a legit clan player on family trip playing one day on WIFI ( higher ping/packet loss ), on another location ( grandma ADSL ;) ) with oncle's borrowed laptop... With your clues it's labelled as fake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to make WC look bad, on the contrary I'm pretty happy they are quite reactive and not the ego filled average clan ( on a personal note many french ones are ^^ ) even if they are usually looking over my shoulder. But I'd love to see the demo, it would probably makes me laugh hard.

This post has been edited by versus666: 10 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942