Urban Terror Forums: Auth system not working for linux server - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Auth system not working for linux server Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PowerSSaiyanX Icon

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hello all :happy:

the Auth system on |WC|'s 4.2 servers isnt working properly for some reason. Im getting this in the console at every start up

auth: resolving authserver address
auth: resolved
InitAuth: \auth\0\auth_status\init\auth_cheaters\1\auth_tags\1\auth_notoriety\0\auth_groups\\auth_owners\\auth_verbosity\1
auth: sending heartbeat
NET_SendPacket: Operation not permitted
broadcast: print "Server: auth changed to 1\n"
broadcast: print "Server: auth_status changed to public\n"

and this "NET_SendPacket: Operation not permitted" shows up everytime someone connects. The server also tells me in game that I have no account when I know I'm logged in.

Im not sure if its our firewall thats blocking it and there is a special port that needs to be opened.

The settings in the cfg are correct too....

//*** Authentication System settings ***
set auth_enable "1" //set this to 0 to disable the authentication system. (more information on www.urbanterror.info)
set auth_notoriety "0" // this sets the minimum notoriety level. allowed to connect to your server. 0 allows everyone to join.
set auth_tags "1" //set this to 1 to prevent clan tag thieves from joining your server.
set auth_cheaters "1" //set this to 1 to block the officially banned cheaters from your server. -- in the future
set auth_verbosity "1" //0 = no authentication message to everyone when a player connects ; 1 = message on the top of the screen ; 2 = message in the chat box.
set auth_log "1" //set this to 1 to draw the account information in the userinfo of each player in the server logs.
set auth_groups "" //specify group IDs (separated by a blank) if you want to allow only a few groups to connect to the server. Empty ("") means all groups can connect.

This post has been edited by PowerSSaiyanX: 06 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

~ |WC|Saiyan
Twitter ->@saiyan20

#3 User is offline   PowerSSaiyanX Icon

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Hmm.. Thanks Kalish but that port has been opened from the get go. What is the ip that the auth address resolves to?
~ |WC|Saiyan
Twitter ->@saiyan20

#4 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

After digging around in /var/log/messages I found that port 27952 must also be opened in the firewall for Auth to work.

This is using Ubuntu 10.10 with Config server firewall.

My only question is this, is this documented anywhere in the game docs or forums? If not I would advise the dev team to update the manuals to reflect proper setup behind a firewall including the unique auth port which is different than the port the servers communicate on to the master for listing.

Thanks!

This issue is solved.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942