Urban Terror Forums: Old Noob Needs Help - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

Old Noob Needs Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   spawned1946 Icon

• Account: spawned1946

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I updated to Urban Terror 4.2 and now I am having problems. My computer game skills are very lacking so please take this in consideration when you reply. I played my first computer game at 65 and a year later I am woefully behind the learning curve. The following are issues I need assistance with:

1. I cannot get the authorization key to work. I even got a new key and it does not work. How do I get it to accept an Auth key?

2. When I select “Play Online” I do not see the maps I like to play. WC - Eagle and WC - Dark Forrest for instance. How do I get a complete list of maps?

I enjoy Urban Terror and the camaraderie of fellow players.

Gramps

#2 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

1. You can look at this thread / guide for a step by step guide. If there's anything I've missed, is unclear or just badly written feel free to ask.

2. I guess you meant server and not maps. Try to look through the settings under the list, and have these settings:

Accounts: All
Private: Yes
View Full: Yes
View Empty: Yes

Source: Internet
Type: All

This way you should see all servers for 4.2 (though I'd suggest having Private set to no)

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#3 User is offline   spawned1946 Icon

• Account: spawned1946

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for your help Ikslorin I appreciate it.

1. I again attempted to log in per “5.1 Logging in via the Menu” but received message “Your Authorization Key is not valid”. I triple checked my input and it was correct but yielded same results. I also attempted to log per “5.1 Logging in via the Console” without success. Note: there was no “=” in the start of the line.

2. I set each setting as you suggested in item 2 and I still do not get a complete list of servers.

Until I can get UT 4.2 to work I am using an older program.

Gramps

#4 User is offline   wtk Icon

• Account: wtk

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Postspawned1946, on 15 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

1. I again attempted to log in per “5.1 Logging in via the Menu” but received message “Your Authorization Key is not valid”. I triple checked my input and it was correct but yielded same results. I also attempted to log per “5.1 Logging in via the Console” without success. Note: there was no “=” in the start of the line.

2. I set each setting as you suggested in item 2 and I still do not get a complete list of servers.

Gramps

To be fair here, many people still prefer UrT 4.1/.1 because of the updates in 4.2

#5 User is offline   sam Icon

• Account: sam
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

View Postspawned1946, on 15 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Gramps

can you try putting the qkey file in your general Urbanterror42 folder and check if it logs in?

This post has been edited by sam: 21 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942