Urban Terror Forums: can't play games & ut can only find 3 servers - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

can't play games & ut can only find 3 servers Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_hylke

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:43 AM

Hello
My first problem is, when i search for servers, it says it finds about 2100 servers, and only shows 3 servers.
And my second problem is, when i try to join a game whith the connect command it says:

CLIENT/SERVER MISMATCH
BASEQ3-1/q3ut-3.7

Creating a symbolic link only helped fixing an authentantic(or whatever it's written) problem, but not this one.

So if anyone could help me out, i would really appreciate it.
Thanx Hylke

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:12 PM

1. start Urt via 'quake3.exe +set fs_game q3ut3'
2. ensure you got no filters in the ingame browser activated
3. also doublecheck you got PR1.32 installed and that you arent missing any of the zQ3UT3*.pk3 files in you q3ut3 directory and there also is the pak0.pk3 in the baseq3 directory.

also, the FAQ ( http://www.urbanterror.net/faq.html ) mentions this problem. (there is a big link on top of this page and another one at the bottom)
wait, the manual ( http://www.urbanterr...anual/index.htm ) does mention this too. (there also is a big link on top of this page and another one at the bottom)

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:31 AM

wow HoboHumpinSlut, nice post.

anyway, I'd suggest if someone gets lost and needs a simple solution a) to do a clean step-by-step install by reading the urt manual b) to make sure the server browser is not set to show only bomb-mode or sth like that.

#4 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:29 PM

The top post on this Linux forum is called "Urban Terror on Linux FAQ", and it gives you the solutions for all the problems you mentioned. Why didn't you read it?

I hate it when I spend lots of my time on a FAQ, and then people don't read it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942