• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Server provider ? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   sim0r Icon

• Account: sim0r

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hey.

I'm about 2 buy a game server.
Which server provider should I choose ? What do u recommend ?
I wanna buy server in central europe (.de or .nl or .fr)

Thx

This post has been edited by sim0r: 15 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

#2 User is offline   Mr.Magoo Icon

• Account: mrmagoo

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

View Postsim0r, on 14 November 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hey.

I'm about 2 buy a game server.
Which server provider should I choose ? What do u recommend ?
I wanna buy server in central europe (.de or .nl or .fr)

Thx

Found anything ? I'm looking for a good/cheap server provider in the same location...

#3 User is offline   Knightork Icon

• Account: knightork
  • Main tag: UTP|

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

This depends on what kind of Server you want!

Do you prefer a real Root Server, or a Virtual? Virtuals are much cheaper but does not have so good Hardware, or you have to share the Good Hardware with a Lot of People. Virtual Server have more Laggs then a real Root, cause the Traffic is also shared by all users. For a realy good Root Server with Good Internet Connection you would need a good plan for rent, cause usually you would pay minimum 20 Euro. I pay around 50 Euro every Month for a realy good Root Server, but there is no Ending to the Top. 100 Euro could be also easy be possible depends on the Hardware you recommend.

If you just want to start a GameServer for testing, cause you have to know some Basic Linux knowledge for most Root Servers (ok you can have Windows Root as well, but i would not prefer a windows server) you could start with a virtual root they cost around 5-10 Euro. Or if you have realy to much money you can pay for a (they call it) GameServer with Slots, so you pay per Player! But that's the most expansive Version I think. Most of this Server want 1 Euro per Slot, so you would pay 16 Euro for a 16 Slot Server *lol* Most Times I have 3 active Urt Servers, 1 TS Server and B3 Bots on my Urt Servers. So 50 Euro is not such a bad price, cause I share the Costs with a Clan Member.

#4 User is offline   wtk Icon

• Account: wtk

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

If you know simple coding like things, you can run a server off of a VPS @ cChicagoVPS

Or UltimateGameServers for just simple hosting

#5 User is offline   Knightork Icon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Both ChicagoVPS and UltimateGameServers are located in the US!!! They search for Hosting Servers in de (Germany), nl (Netherland) or fr (france).

Just compare these details please: A shared Virtual Server on ChicagoVPS with 2GB Ram costs 25$, a real root Server on server4you (a German provider) with 4GM Ram costs 23$. OK you are right there are no smaller root servers on most providers, but i would ever take a real ROOT server instead of a shared one.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   sim0r Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

OK.
So can you give us some links too good providers ? Root servers and virtual ( if uyou know some stable ones) ?

THX :)

#7 User is offline   Knightork Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

These are the most used Providers in Germany:

Virtual Servers: Strato, HostEurope, Netcup

Root Servers: Hetzner, serevr4you, NGZ

I use Server4You cause Hetzner is bit more expansive and NGZ has often Hardware Problems.
I had have a NetCup VirtualServer in the beginning of my Urt Time, but i changed to a real root after nearly 1 Year. So i can't say much about the services there. I heard Strato has many problems with downtimes and hosteurope should also have some problems. But because most VirtualServers are very cheap you can test it yourself if you want.

I don't think you want a FR Server. They all should be very lame, i have a friend Network Administartor he told me Germany would be the best solution if you want to have a stable server in the eu. But i have not asked about netherland hosters. So you would have to make a own search.

#8 User is offline   sim0r Icon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

M'kay :) THX for that :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942