Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Very few players Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   schoota Icon

• Account: schoota

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Since I upgraded to the latest verion (Mac) in the game browser there are almost no servers with players. I've got the filters set correctly and there is a lengthy list of servers all with zero players, except for just one or two and that's during busy hours. Later on at night the game provides only empty servers.

There used to be tons of players. What happened?

#2 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

most players .. as well as leagues currently stick to version 4.1.1. instead of the latest 4.2.7 release ... since it's buggy and unstable ...

Edit (RaideR): A fix will be out soon. Thanks
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   banksy Icon

• Account: banksy
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

people are slowly making the changeover to 4.2, so just keep checking up on it now and then, and in the meanwhile stick to 4.1

#4 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 22 November 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

most players .. as well as leagues currently stick to version 4.1.1. instead of the latest 4.2.7 release ... since it's buggy and unstable ...

Edit (RaideR): A fix will be out soon. Thanks << i know you can but go and re-write history somewhere else, please (Karl Maria Seeberg in Karl Maris Seebergs very own comment)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

i used a link you offer yourself on this very website ... and you refer to it as the stable version of urt, the url itself is proof of that ... (downloads/stable/)

i understand you have a hard time promoting your current version of urt but the way i see it deleting links to 4.1.1. while still offering the download on your website is rather odd behavior... i am not sure if you are aware of that but acting this way makes you look desparate

i know this ain't a democracy but i was hoping this is a mild version of what you call dictatorship ..
re-wrting comments instead of just adding another comment yourself is a pretty evil habit (tough i hope it ain't a habit, not yet) ..

as far as i know i didn't violate any rules by adding that link, so i don't really get what your decision was based on .. don't bother answering i know you don't have to since it was an admin decision .. but maybe think about it...

btw. the guy had difficulty finding 4.1.1 since he didn't know it existed, he said thanks for the link, you can check my personal messages if you feel the need to ...

i don t think it's a good idea to try to channel new players to 4.2 directly but it is much wiser to be happy someone takes interest in urt at all, make them play 4.1.1 and get them to play 4.2 when it's ready..

and just so you know, i never intended to do any harm by provding this link ...

last but not least: i allow you to ban me if you feel the need to ..

cheers

karl

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 23 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

#7 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 23 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

i don t think it's a good idea to try to channel new players to 4.2 directly but it is much wiser to be happy someone takes interest in urt at all, make them play 4.1.1 and get them to play 4.2 when it's ready..

well said. No new player is going to enjoy 4.2 how it is, there's like a handful of people that play it and the game has lots of bugs. Why not get them enjoying 4.1.1 with people and then when everyone eventually goes to 4.2 they will too, instead of losing those new people all together.

#8 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

4.2 is basically Windows Vista--a buggy update that the majority of users resisted. MS eventually had to recant and continue to support XP until a suitable replacement was found. Hopefully FS can pull off a "Windows 7" when it's time for Urban Terror 4.3 or 5.0, which hopefully will be the successor to 4.1 that we have been waiting for for 5 years.:)

just don't pull a Windows 8;)
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#9 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

View PostRaideR, on 23 November 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Who do you think you are KarlMariaSeeberg? I would rather you don't link to out dated files thanks! If someone wants to find the files, they can do so through the link on the top of this website.

Take this as a warning, answering back because your "dont like admin/moderator" decisions will get you warned and banned. Sry, no democracy here, its a straight dictatorship!

there, fixed that grammar/spelling error for ya :p and thats my two cents!
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#10 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

View Postslackin, on 07 December 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

There, fixed a tiny fraction of your grammar and spelling errors!

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942