• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A question about the max-ping Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Post icon  Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Got another question. The max ping for a server, whats the lowest value that shouldn't be crossed ? I set max ping of 150 on my Server (really didn't remember anymore, my last UrT Server was several years ago) and it seems everytime someone connects after a autodownload for a map, they would get the LOW PING or BAD CHALLENGE. Only with console /reconnect they could get on again. So whats a reasonable value for max-ping ?

Cheers

Wolfseye

#2 User is offline   Knightork Icon

• Account: knightork
  • Main tag: UTP|

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostWolfseye, on 24 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

it seems everytime someone connects after a autodownload for a map, they would get the LOW PING or BAD CHALLENGE.

I have no maxping (means set sv_maxping "0") and it seems that even with that value they will be kicked after an autodownload. I also have these problems sometime when connecting to an other server. So I'm not sure if maxping can change anythink about that. But for playing a maxping of 150-200 is a good value i think.

Ok i won't ever play vs a 200er Ping cause even a 100er Ping is awefull to me, but that's a personal opinion.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942