• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UT quits on own, errors vary Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   imtheguy Icon

• Account: imtheguy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hello.

In a nutshell:

UT quits when loading certain maps or, sometimes, when in the main menu screen and I click a button (like play online). No error messages I can find, and when it quits it's immediate, as if I type "exit" in the console.

*edit* I just noticed even if I manually connect to the server, by typing into the console, connect 69.53... and so on, after a brief pause UT quits. Weirrrrd.

Nothing about my computer has changed. I have not made system updates, changed hardware, installed/deleted any other software, changed permissions etc. If something has happened, it's not to my knowledge.

Computer: Mac OS X 10.5.8, UT 4.1.1

And more rambling if it helps:

suddenly, after a few days of this, I found I could get on with certain maps. They would load and gameplay went on as normal. But the maps that, when loading, UT would quit, still had UT quitting.

In thinking a map was causing this, I deleted one so UT would ask to download. It then started having problems accessing and downloading files. One I can't recall, but it was a general problem about downloading the .pk3 file, and the other was about access the cURL library. (In q3config.cfg, this line exists seta cl_cURLLib "libcurl.dylib". As far as I know, this is okay except that the half-dozen .dylib files on my computer in various paths all have slight variances to the filename... mostly just a number about libcurl )

I can't boil this down to any one thing so all of my web searches are turning up vastly different problems and solutions.

It would be great if someone can at least point me to some documentation on this problem if it's familiar to anyone.

This post has been edited by imtheguy: 28 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

#2 User is offline   OlympicSmoker Icon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

How many custom maps in your q3ut4 folder ... urt start behaving oddly when I have more than ~230-240 items in there (maybe MB limitation idk)... try removing a couple

Edit: Also IIRC this line
seta cl_cURLLib libcurl.dylib
have to be in autoexec.cfg to work

PPC G5 dual 1.8
3GB ram
Ati Radeon 9600XT 128MB
OSX 10.5.8

This post has been edited by OlympicSmoker: 28 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

#3 User is offline   imtheguy Icon

• Account: imtheguy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Wow, I think that might be it!

I had 291 files in that folder, so I moved a bunch and so far so good. If you haven't heard back from me in a couple of days, then it's fine. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942