Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should I stop playing? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

I have a really bad computer. It has 2.1 ghz processor, and 8200M nvidia geforce. 3 gb ram. Urt is kinda laggy, and I can't really maintain a decent framerate. Gamebooster, low config, omega drivers, mitsu build. Should I just stop playing? Are there any games less demanding on hardware (first person shooter)?

Is there anything else I can possibly do to bump up my framerate?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

View Postunclesam189, on 03 December 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

I have a really bad computer. It has 2.1 ghz processor, and 8200M nvidia geforce. 3 gb ram. Urt is kinda laggy, and I can't really maintain a decent framerate. Gamebooster, low config, omega drivers, mitsu build. Should I just stop playing? Are there any games less demanding on hardware (first person shooter)?

Thanks.

Wolfenstein 3D, then DOOM, then DOOM II, then Duke Nuke'm

#3 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

View Postunclesam189, on 03 December 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Thanks.

I played with almost the exact same specs until a month ago.
I played at 640x480 or 800x600, and I found p5yc0runn3r's build is much faster for low end computers than Mitsu's. Mitsubishi's build gave me lower FPS than vanilla.
http://www.urbanterr...w-sound-system/
dmaHD sound instead of ikalizer, but I don't use either one.

ran me around 66fps

#4 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ok, thanks. Should I use the regular download or the experimental windows bumpy build?

And I also can't play paid games. If I could I would buy counter strike (1.6). I'm playing at 560x400 res right now, harder to see text tho.

#5 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Oh yeah, if I have mitsu's build's pre-installed, can I just install these over them,

THanks.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

View Postunclesam189, on 03 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Oh yeah, if I have mitsu's build's pre-installed, can I just install these over them,

THanks.

How can I center the screen if I have low res?

View Postunclesam189, on 03 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

THanks.

#7 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

View Postunclesam189, on 03 December 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

use this
http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/

but like i said in the other thread, i have a laptop like that and it's not gonna give you a good experience. the graphics card and the single core CPU aren't close to powerful enough to run the game well. A 640x480 window will just suck to play in. if you need your PC for more than the occasional email or whatever, save some money up and buy a new PC. it'll be so much better all around. you could find something on craigslist for $150-300 probably if you don't wanna part something out yourself.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#8 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postdon, on 04 December 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

use this
http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/

but like i said in the other thread, i have a laptop like that and it's not gonna give you a good experience. the graphics card and the single core CPU aren't close to powerful enough to run the game well. A 640x480 window will just suck to play in. if you need your PC for more than the occasional email or whatever, save some money up and buy a new PC. it'll be so much better all around. you could find something on craigslist for $150-300 probably if you don't wanna part something out yourself.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't really want to spend 200 bucks on a computer though, especially since I don't have the resources, maybe when I go to college.

I'm going to try resizing the 560x400 window and bloat it to a bigger size, playing on a supersmall window sucks!

#9 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I found tweaking very helpful and gained me a lot of fps.

#10 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

View Postunclesam189, on 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

I found tweaking very helpful and gained me a lot of fps.

Sound Tweaking I mean.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942