Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

start a local server with uptown map Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   smoothshot Icon

• Account: smoothshot

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hi folks,

...as I wrote in title, I'm trying to start a local server, a local lan for a while... but I'm unable to see uptwon map, one that I love much... of course I have that map in my ~/.q3a/q3ut4
I tried to copy the uptown map file also in the installation directory /usr/share/games/urbanterror/q3ut4/ but I'm the map is not available in the server list...

Is there some reason I'm missing ?!?

thx in advance

#2 User is offline   dije Icon

• Account: dije

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

You won't need a copy of the Uptown map as it is part of the standard map pack included with Urban Terror.

If you can't find it in the server map list, try using /rcon map ut4_uptown in the conosle. You can also update the mapcycle.txt with ut4_uptown as the first/only map.

Hope this helps

#3 User is offline   smoothshot Icon

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

thx ..it help me :)

View Postdije, on 25 December 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

You won't need a copy of the Uptown map as it is part of the standard map pack included with Urban Terror.

If you can't find it in the server map list, try using /rcon map ut4_uptown in the conosle. You can also update the mapcycle.txt with ut4_uptown as the first/only map.

Hope this helps

#4 User is offline   smoothshot Icon

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

ehm... ok, I'm succeded to start my local server with uptown map... but why am I unable to fire with gun ? it seem guns or he granade are disabled... with mouse 1 button or from keyboard nothing happen ...of course keys are mapped and in normal play mode they works fine... but starting in my loal server it doesn't work :\ ?!

#5 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

You’re starting the server in TDM or some other team-based mode — if you see persistent “Waiting for players” bigtext, you can’t shoot or throw nades. It’s the way UrT developers have decided to set things… Start the server in FFA mode (or JUMP in 4.2 — LMS won’t work though), then you can shoot.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   smoothshot Icon

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

really thx :)

View PostJRandomNoob, on 28 December 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

You’re starting the server in TDM or some other team-based mode — if you see persistent “Waiting for players” bigtext, you can’t shoot or throw nades. It’s the way UrT developers have decided to set things… Start the server in FFA mode (or JUMP in 4.2 — LMS won’t work though), then you can shoot.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942