Urban Terror Forums: botaisetupclient error after map change - Urban Terror Forums

Jump to content

 Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

botaisetupclient error after map change Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dije Icon

  • Account: dije
  • Joined: 25-June 11
  • Posts: 4

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I recently moved some bot servers from a VPS running Ubuntu 10.04 to a dedicated running Ubuntu 12.04. Running the same config files with updated IP addresses and passwords. While running on the VPS, no problems, but now...

Whenever the map is rotated, the server displays the botaisetupclient error and bots cannot be added to the server.

So far I have figured out that the problem isn't;

  • B3 related - error occurs when B3 isn't running
  • Map related - problem occurs using algiers, abbey, sanc
  • 3rd party maps - none are in the game directory, even compatible ones
  • 64-bit - using 32-bit i386 with 32-bit libraries installed
  • zpak001_assets.pk3 - deleted


Rotating/cycling to the next map kicks the bots and they cannot be re-added (bot_enable is still 1). After another cycle or reload, bots can be added.

Running a TS, TDM and FFA each with six bots level 4. All have the same problem.

All i get from the server log;

0:00 ClientDisconnect: 1
0:00 ClientDisconnect: 2
0:00 ClientDisconnect: 3
0:00 ClientDisconnect: 4
0:00 ClientDisconnect: 5
0:00 ClientDisconnect: 6
0:07 ClientBegin: 0
0:22 say: 0 adgasdgasgagadg: !paexec bots.cfg
0:22 ClientDisconnect: 1
0:22 ClientDisconnect: 2
0:22 ClientDisconnect: 3
0:22 ClientDisconnect: 4
0:22 ClientDisconnect: 5
0:22 ClientDisconnect: 6

Suggestions for further investigation welcome :)

#2 User is offline   shootingblanks Icon

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

When I moved my servers from one dedicated server to another via ftp the files became corrupted and there were problems. I don't recall what but I ended up just using wget to retrieve a fresh urban terror server and then copied my server.cfg and other files into the folder.
I think B3 failed to work for me also so did the same thing, just copied the extplugins/conf files and the b3.xml into a fresh install.

#3 User is offline   dije Icon

  • Account: dije
  • Joined: 25-June 11
  • Posts: 4

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

thanks shootingblanks. 32-bit libraries are different between Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04 it turns out and I couldn't fix the problem in either 12.04 32 or 64 bit.

Running now on 10.04

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement


Copyright © 1999-2019 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942