Urban Terror Forums: NET_SendPacket: Operation not permitted - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

NET_SendPacket: Operation not permitted Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   x3r Icon

• Account: x3r
  • Main tag: 24/7.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hi I have a VPS that runs CentOS. The UrT server starts and runs fine, but I can not connect to it.

I had this running absolutely fine on this VPS just yesterday, the server could be connected to and it was showing in the master server list and then something happened :huh:

I contacted my VPS host and they say that my VPS is running fine and that I should ask you guys.

I have opened ports 27950-27970 for both INPUT and OUTPUT on both TCP and UDP (do I need to open TCP for Urt?)
I have also completely started from scratch and set the firewall back to default and then opened the ports and 'reinstalled' UrT.

This is what I am using to start the server (shell script)(I removed the IP):

./Quake3-UrT-Ded.x86_64 +set fs_game q3ut4 +set fs_basepath /home/UrbanTerror42 +set fs_homepath /home/UrbanTerror42 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip <IP-REMOVED> +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 512 +exec sTDM.cfg &

Each master server does this (including auth):

Resolving master.urbanterror.info
master.urbanterror.info resolved to 91.121.174.74:27950
Sending heartbeat to master.urbanterror.info
NET_SendPacket: Operation not permitted

Any idea what is happening?

The best conclusion I can come up with is that my firewall is lying to me and the ports are NOT actually open :/ lol

#2 User is offline   x3r Icon

• Account: x3r
  • Main tag: 24/7.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I got the server to work :laugh:

It was a problem with the firewall, I was using a GUI to open the ports, which for what ever reason was not working properly.
So I just added an iptable rule via command line for both input and output:

ACCEPT udp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 udp dpts:27950:27970

Also, I found out that Urban Terror only needs UDP, no TCP.

This post has been edited by x3r: 30 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942