• You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Zone Jump Competition Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Posted Image

This is pretty much a call to arms for jump mappers. With the release of 4.2 and the addition of the jump mode we want to revive the competitive jump scene. For that we need some help, at the moment there are very few maps which are compatible with the stopwatch function of UrT. I hope that through this thread we can get some mappers to either create original maps or convert their existing maps.

There's a thread on the Urban Zone website and I'd really appreciate your input as jump map makers/jumpers.

This post has been edited by Seven of Nine: 06 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

#3 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

That might bring some cool cool maps.

#4 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Ive done my best on urtjumpers to promote the new 4.2, in numerous topics i defended 4.2_alpha stage. And with me only a handful of jumpers did that, most jumpers with a need to discuss things on forum they dont like 4.2

So, I tried to organise a contest but except for a few guys who wanted it there were only trolls complaining and again complaining about 4.2, you may read here: http://www.urtjumper...ic.php?id=1600.
Thats just 1 of those 4.1-4.2 topics, flooded by the same 4.2 dislikers.
And there were no bugs which would make jumping worse, except those guys who dont like that you had some extra stamia when crouching, but that would have been solved before the contest.
Anyway, it was reason enough to not organise it...

Also i created a topic about race-entities in which i asked mappers to update their 4.1 map, and only 2 mappers did that (markinho and smallkiller) untill now. In general they say, we will do it when its stable or final......

Only 1 mapper, Kl4nk, has made/released 4 nostamina map for 4.2.
Thats the harvest of the jumpmode, sad.

Good luck, i stop defending 4.2 after been attacked so often on the ujforum and now by ujstaff members.

Hope UZ can get the jumpcommunity moving, that would be welcome after more than 5 months of mocking adn whining by the majority of jumpers.

(EDIT: sorry, i needed to get rid of some thoughts which are a bit offtopic)

This post has been edited by Driller: 06 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

#5 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Driller, being jump mode out for such a short time, would you really expect mappers to update all their maps?

Every map has some tweaks that could be fixed, and the mapper wouldn't only be adding the entities if he opened the map... So, it'd be a new work load on top of him and, even if he didn't do that, the compile of bigger maps would take several (and I do mean several) hours

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Picola Icon

• Account: picola

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

It would be nice if anyone not willing to update their own map would be willing to pass it on to somebody who could add the entities.

I started playing 4.2 on the 007 release and wont be going back to 4.1 but I would really love to be able to try out the timers on some of my favorite maps.
we make your maps so you dont have to.

#8 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Bumped the first topic about racing entities: http://www.urtjumper...php?id=1677&p=1

Should be enough promotion by now, there are a lot of racetopics on urtjumpers, and i hope with a bunch of levant-maps and maybe joober-maps its a good start so others will follow.

And yes picola, i agree with you -)

#9 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

For all the mappers who want to know how to do it check this: http://www.custommap...Jump_entities_2

#10 User is offline   exception Icon

• Account: exception

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Also Exce Jumps is being updated, but I must find time to design at least 3 jumps.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942