• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Can't move in any direction Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Have you tried to bind a movement key on your mouse ? This maybe sounds stupid but it will assure you it's coming from your keyboard.

#12 User is offline   icupieguy Icon

• Account: icupieguy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postdon, on 09 January 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

"Already tried, didn't work. :sad: "
vs
"When I try to re-bind the keys manually (through the menu) it works"

So which is it? lol

I was a little vague there. When I bind manually, I select say "forward" in the menu and then it waits for a key, I then press "e" and it accepts it. I was just stating that press "e" is acknowledged by URT. The issue seems to arise when I bind "e" to commands that are prefixed with "+" - as you mention below.

Acer Arcade Deluxe sounds like preinstalled garbage. Did you wipe the laptop when you bought it? generally a good idea to remove all the preinstalled software, since it just drags down the system. it's possible this particular program has some sort of component that intercepts keypresses or modifies them in some manner that UrT doesn't like.

I usually install a new O/S when I buy any PC. This laptop was inherited from my mother-in-law and is used primarily by my wife. I threw URT on just so I could play once in a while when upstairs. Now I am consumed with trying to get it to work. I have an OEM copy of Windows XP that I am no longer using and I am thinking about installing it. I hope the Laptop doesn't require windows vista (I guess I can research that).

install all the latest driver updates and BIOS updates from Acer, as well. Google suggests some other Acer product lines have "laggy" keyboards (resolved with BIOS update), which to me suggests that software is getting in the way.

Latest BIOS drivers did nothing. I am convinced it is something related to the Asus junk that is pre-installed. I will try removing more and more of it. I will google it and see if there is info on what to safely remove.
The little Acer Arcade button on the laptop still causes my player to move forward in URT even though I un-installed Acer Arcade. It is truly strange that pressing that button is interpreted as +forward by URT. :blink:

#13 User is offline   icupieguy Icon

• Account: icupieguy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostOlGood, on 09 January 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

Have you tried to bind a movement key on your mouse ? This maybe sounds stupid but it will assure you it's coming from your keyboard.

Yes. It works with the mouse. It's definitely keyboard related. I plugged another keyboard in and got the same thing. As discussed elsewhere, it seems to be having trouble with any of the commands that start with "+".

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942