• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Can't move in any direction Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   icupieguy Icon

• Account: icupieguy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

I have URT on my main computer but decided to copy it over to my laptop upstairs. The game fires up no problem but when I get in game I can't move my character. I can't jump/crouch or move.
The mouse moves fine. I can fire as well.
When I try to re-bind the keys manually (through the menu) it works (i.e. When I bind "e" to forward it accepts the key).
I tried re-binding via console "/bind e "+forward"" - no luck
I then went to console and type /+forward and my character started moving forward
The only thing I notice is when I press forward the very first time, the screen flashes for around 2/10th of a second - I think it is a yellowish color.
I see nothing in console after that happens as well.

Laptop is an Acer Aspire 6930

Anyone?

#2 User is offline   synergy Icon

• Account: synergy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

instead of moving the files, install the game.

#3 User is offline   icupieguy Icon

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

View Postsynergy, on 07 January 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

instead of moving the files, install the game.

Tried that too (installed 4.2 via updater). Same thing.

#4 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hmm that sound bad and i hope some knows a solution for you.

Maybe you can try to plugin a keyboard onto your laptop, dunno, it might work....

#5 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

try without quotes in the command.

/bind e +forward

or, like, use the menu? lol

also, q3 seems to block input commands from external programs for movement keys. I remember trying to get a macro to work with urt years ago, and the movement stuff never worked correctly. Like you described, there'd be a few ms of movement and then nothing, despite the input being continuous. Some sort of anticheating feature? You laptop might have funny keyboard drivers, although you are saying it works if you bind through the menu, so who knows.

This post has been edited by don: 08 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   icupieguy Icon

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

View Postdon, on 08 January 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

try without quotes in the command.

/bind e +forward

Didn't work :mad:

View Postdon, on 08 January 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

or, like, use the menu? lol

Already tried, didn't work. :sad:

Plugged in a keyboard, same result (screen flashes on first direction key press and is unresponsive). :wacko:

Bound +forward to mouse button, works no problem. :huh:

Could it be a windows Vista issue? It's truly strange.

#7 User is offline   gramps Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: gramps

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I have no solution, unlikely to be a vista problem though, i use vista(so that makes 2 of us lol) and 4.1.1/4.2 and have no problems, never have. Hope you get it sorted ;)

#8 User is offline   icupieguy Icon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

This is getting funny. There are a row of buttons above my numpad that acer refers to as "Easy Launch Buttons". One is a satellite dish which indicates wifi is on or off. The second is a planet which launches a browser, the third is my bluetooth indicator/toggle and the fourth looks like this skinny dude with his hands in the air. When I press it nothing happens....unless I am in URT...in which case my guy moves forward. WTF.

#9 User is offline   icupieguy Icon

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

It's the Acer Arcade Deluxe button. Can I disable it? Looking now.

#10 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

"Already tried, didn't work. :sad: "
vs
"When I try to re-bind the keys manually (through the menu) it works"

So which is it? lol

Acer Arcade Deluxe sounds like preinstalled garbage. Did you wipe the laptop when you bought it? generally a good idea to remove all the preinstalled software, since it just drags down the system. it's possible this particular program has some sort of component that intercepts keypresses or modifies them in some manner that UrT doesn't like. The continuous action keys (with the + sign) in UrT are finicky. The fact even an external keyboard doesn't work but your mouse does suggests this is a software issue related to how keypresses are transmitted to various applications.

install all the latest driver updates and BIOS updates from Acer, as well. Google suggests some other Acer product lines have "laggy" keyboards (resolved with BIOS update), which to me suggests that software is getting in the way.

This post has been edited by don: 09 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942