• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror Installation Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Saz Icon

• Account: saz
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hi everyone,

I started playing Urban Terror on windows xp a long time ago, since then I have upgraded to windows 7 and have reinstalled windows 7 a few days ago.

I have never had any trouble with the urban terror installation, however this time I have a brand new solid state drive which I am trying to install 4.1.1 on.

The problem is, when I inflate the UrbanTerror411.exe, it makes a fresh copy of Urban Terror on my desktop, rather than in programs files on my hard drive.

I decided to move it to the spot where I wanted it, ( C: / Program Files (x86) / Urban Terror ),

but when I record demos, it saves them to the strange location of C: / Users / *User* / AppData / Local / VirtualStore / Program Files (x86) / Urban Terror / q3ut4

rather than the default demo folder in my Urban Terror folder.

Does this mean I have to delete everything that is associated with Urban Terror on my computer and then try a fresh install in order to fix the demo saving problem?

P.S - When Urban Terror is installed correctly, does your computer recognize it as a program that you can uninstall from control panel? (Currently mine does not)

#2 User is offline   Onelane Icon

• Account: onelane

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostSaz, on 10 January 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

I started playing Urban Terror on windows xp a long time ago, since then I have upgraded to windows 7 and have reinstalled windows 7 a few days ago.

I have never had any trouble with the urban terror installation, however this time I have a brand new solid state drive which I am trying to install 4.1.1 on.

The problem is, when I inflate the UrbanTerror411.exe, it makes a fresh copy of Urban Terror on my desktop, rather than in programs files on my hard drive.

I decided to move it to the spot where I wanted it, ( C: / Program Files (x86) / Urban Terror ),

but when I record demos, it saves them to the strange location of C: / Users / *User* / AppData / Local / VirtualStore / Program Files (x86) / Urban Terror / q3ut4

rather than the default demo folder in my Urban Terror folder.

Does this mean I have to delete everything that is associated with Urban Terror on my computer and then try a fresh install in order to fix the demo saving problem?

P.S - When Urban Terror is installed correctly, does your computer recognize it as a program that you can uninstall from control panel? (Currently mine does not)

This is where I have my 4.1 installed. I have windows 7 and a SSD drive. The demos and pics are in the compatibility files, must be XP vs. 7 thing. Should not have to reinstall this is just how it is.
One_Lane

#3 User is offline   Saz Icon

• Account: saz
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Alright I've found a solution.

It turns out it's some sort of security/permissions problem, the files are being saved in a bizarre place because I don't have full control of my urban terror folder.

I added a small file to the registry which allows me to take full contol of any folder/file with two clicks.

After taking control of the folder my demo's now save in the proper location :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942