• You cannot reply to this topic

if i won the lottery... Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 19 January 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

OK so you get the game code then what?

A million bucks is a lot of mony to spend on just an idoligy alone.

Then I would fix the competition related bugs and maintain 4.1 exactly how it is. <3
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#13 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 21 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Well if that's the case with a million dollars you could hire a team of hot shot programmers to write your own pro-mode competition version under your own mod team and still have a bundle left over. Of course you would have to do it with out the Frozen Sand assets and trade marks.

Of course as I've mentioned before the only value to be had here is the community not the code so with out that a million dollars would be poorly spent. If it is in fact the community that your after then you're going to have to offer a lot more the a million dollars.

As for these so called bugs which ones are you referring to? If pressing I would be more than happy to post them into our bug tracker for you.

You have addressed many of them in 4.2, and many more are on your tracker, some of us just prefer to play 4.1 rather than 4.2 but still would like bugs fixed for 4.1. Which I realize is never going to happen, so I'm just sayin'.

#14 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 21 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Well if that's the case with a million dollars you could hire a team of hot shot programmers to write your own pro-mode competition version under your own mod team and still have a bundle left over. Of course you would have to do it with out the Frozen Sand assets and trade marks.

Of course as I've mentioned before the only value to be had here is the community not the code so with out that a million dollars would be poorly spent. If it is in fact the community that your after then you're going to have to offer a lot more the a million dollars.

As for these so called bugs which ones are you referring to? If pressing I would be more than happy to post them into our bug tracker for you.

the community comes with 4.1 lol.

as for bug fixes, essentially all the non-asset changes to 4.2 minus weapon changes (somehow SPAS got worse, and Glock is crazy OP) are great changes. new gametypes, jump mode, fixed demos, no autopickup, etc. are all great changes. Unfortunately it seems like to get those, we must also swallow the asset pill. as i've said many times, and as pretty much all longtime players will tell you, that is what is keeping adoption rates down.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#15 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I would also buy the all the buses and trains of all major cities in the world and let noone let in but me.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Paying for creating of game may be is not so expensive , yes , there will a product , maybe there are big issues & bugs deep burried if the employer don't see them everything is O.K. , which might will run on a degree , but creating & maintaining anticheat as I heard is . And the anticheat is supposed to fix some ''bugs'' .

Maybe because people love to solve problems via buying is the problem at first place ...
& is it fair that some people have skills , but some don't ?
So some of those who don't have decide to correct that enourmously big injustice - they decided to buy ''skills'' .

Let's get back to the programmers you have been hired .
They work for money , they are being hired with money , they seek money .
It is possible some of those to decide that selling ''skills'' is very good way to do ''a bit extra'' money & eventually to turn in a small alternative job ...

What costs your desires compared with some more quantity of the precious paper ?

Also haven't you heard the story of the ''sugarman'' & Steve Jobs ?

Haven't you heard of ''aimassisting'' for example ?

The ''mouse'' was a problem since its very creating :

And if you have problems with mouse , you need a cat :

https://forums.playf...88a60a5ec6db110 (not 100 % true , but is good scene representing )

Cute , is it not ? :D

'' - You want '' Xerox '' to consider something called a ''mouse'' ?! ''

Yes , and you know Xerox are now popular ...
... with :

http://3.bp.blogspot...s-cutaway-c.jpg :D

Also if you want development team .
There is proven methode , it works . 2 working for Microsoft . The 1 is obviously ''wide'' .
They maybe 've been impressed by : http://www.urbanterr...tworthy-or-not/

They hired stuff , developers & etc .
The new company soon had a hit & for a time it was good .
Soon they realised that zombies are the better community , so they decided to make some (1999).

And here it is the secret the ''stomach-driven development'' ( or ''why valve is so successful '' ) :

;

Accent :
http://www.youtube.c...WN55p_zI#t=332s

This post has been edited by Txc: 22 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

#17 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

^
What?! Haven't seen a train crash that bad in years!

#18 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

View Postslackin, on 24 January 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

What?! Haven't seen a train crash that bad in years!

lies
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#19 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Indeed jandc have right .

Especially in the western culture .

Nothing new to me anyway . If you want evidence look no further than Urban Terror .
Such a ''nice'' behaviour by such a good players .

That is and 1 of the main reasons to be prefered MMOs mostly those days .
Ironicly aproximately 2 years ago in urbanterror.info I saw an ad about some mindless piece of shit MMO with 500 Million players ...

Someone's believe-train crashed , what a drama , rofl .
Damn that thinking , it is so useless & brings only headache to the people .

Lottary winning by luck is what they claim .
Profit for the ''luck'' is what they gain .

#20 User is offline   Josegilbert Icon

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 20 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I would buy Denmark and Austria.

If I won the lottery, would think to buy a house for my family. This will probably depend on the fortune and skills of playing the lottery. For that, I have been searching on the internet and found sites like [CENSORED] and many more, which shows the ways to start and playing. I think gaining the knowledge is very essential to win lottery.

This post has been edited by Barbatos: 09 July 2015 - 09:32 PM
Reason for edit: advertising

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942