Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Very NEW to servers Rate Topic: -----

setting up a dedicated server

#1 User is offline   cabinfourus Icon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hi guys,
I have been playing UT for about 5 years now, I just joined a new clan and would like to run a dedicated server based in the USA. I don't know anything about setting up the server or how to set admin rights at all. I plan to run the server through gameservers.com and pay the fee each month. My question is, can anyone help me with setting up admin rights and the server? I have read most forums but do not understand much about programming, but I learn fast. My PC is running windows 7 and UT 4.1 My email is /removed/ if you can send me anything that would help. Thank You for the help.

John Johnson

Note from moderator: Email address removed.

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

It is not advised that you post your email onto public forums.

Gameservers.com will set the server up for you and give you access to edit the files needed, Usually by using FTP From there things should be relatively straight forward.

You'll have a config file called server.cfg which contains all your server settings like server name, gametype, round times, etc.
there will also be a file called mapcycle.txt this will have a list of all the available maps that the game comes with by default, simply delete the line of each map that you do not wish to play.

As you are paying for this service you will also be able to contact gameservers for direct support on your account.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942