• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Our US Military. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:29 AM

[quote name='"illogical"]Ok' date=' so we'll just pack up our sh*t and let the Euro's defend themselves. [/quote']

Everytime i see this it makes me laff :mrgreen:

like europe would care if u packed your sh*t up .. the only people you would be hurting are the mid-eastern countries you already screwed up with ;x

not that anything you say would have any bearing on us foreign policy. The us isnt gonna pack up and isolate themselves ever (especially not because sum euro cod-piece said smt u dont agree with). How would america get fat rich from exporting its new inventions .. or fast food chains for example.. Or benefit from Research + dev from other countries..

#22 Guest_Gman

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

Truth always lies somewhere in the middle of the opposing viewpoints.

Many here are basically stating that the US is entirely wrong from the beginning and imply that we should immediately pull out of Iraq.

Others here are at the very least not mentioning that things could have been done in a more reasoned way - which would have greatly improved the situation over there.

Personally, I and many other US citizens supported the war because we were led into it by a leader under the same bad intelligence that every national intelligence agency in the world believed at the time - and the UN for that matter. All circumstantial evidence as well as corroborating stories of asylum seekers pointed to Hussein still having WMD.

Now that the chance of finding the smoking gun, "imminent threat of attack by a Baathist Iraq on the US" is nil, most of those of us that still support the war are hoping that at least we can still give Iraq a chance at a government of self representation - a democracy for which they can be assured of human rights, dignity and the chance at properity.

However, even as someone who voted for Bush in 2000, I can say that Bush has pulled so many bonehead, fundamentally flawed mistakes that make this last idea more difficult to achieve.

However, failure for the coalition can not be an option. If we fail there, Iraq will be left to the different tribes fighting for power for years to come, with the most likely outcome to be a repressive Islamist society such as in Iran.

Success there would show the world that the US had at least in one instance gone after a repressive regime in the Arab world. One of the regimes that denied dignity, human rights and prosperity to muslims and Arabs. After all, the lack of these dignities and opportunities are in fact the real root of terrorism coming from that part of the world.

#23 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:44 PM

Those 670 people would still be alive had Bush not decided to invade Iraq.

Ico, you must be kidding? right? I just know it. Even though there is no way to say what might have happened.....

If we didn't invade Iraq maybe some of the Al-queida ppl that Iraq supported would have flown some more planes into buildings, and killed another couple thousand people, would that be better?

Yeah, it sure seems everyone has forgotten about Saddam's "ethnic cleansing". WMD barely made the top 10 reasons to oust Saddam.

#24 Guest_Majic.

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:05 PM

Iraq has nothing to do with Al Queda.
Al Queda are over the moon about removing Saddam.

They may still be over the moon you guys looked there yet?
What do you mean you've stopped looking?

Reporter: "What about the claims that this war is just about oil?"

Black Bush: "What? What you talking about oil? You see someone cooking b*tch?
*Knocks over jug of water*
"C'mon nigga let's get out of here!"

#25 Guest_bleepstreet

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:19 PM

GOAT I find it extremely strange that someone with an ulster flag as their avatar would be in support of war.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:28 AM

If we didn't invade Iraq maybe some of the Al-queida ppl that Iraq supported would have flown some more planes into buildings, and killed another couple thousand people, would that be better?

Or bomb a train in Madrid? :roll:

#27 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:30 AM

I'd also rather be killed then rot in a office (...)

:shock: Sounds like downright euthanasia to me... :roll: But go ahead, I won't stop you...

#28 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:31 AM

GOAT I find it extremely strange that someone with an ulster flag as their avatar would be in support of war.

:lol: Mind you - GOAT himself is also very strange... ROFL

#29 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:34 AM

Hey Illogical, you're right. About the contrast filter. But it'd still have to be preceded by desaturation to get the black&white vision. Sorry for that.

We didn't mind yankee assistance in WWII, in fact I think we pretty much begged for it. Luckily for us, Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, and the yankees got so pissed that they went after Hitler too. With the Russians, British and a lot of other people by the way.

You know who'd really appreciate some help these days? The Palestinians. But you already screwed them by sleeping with Sharon. They could still use some help against the systematical oppression by Israel, but I suppose there's little economical gain to find in that just cause, so I doubt it's ever going to happen.
But the people in Iraq were begging the US to fly their planes in and use their weapons of mass precision and bring stability to the middle east? I don't think so.

There is quite the difference in the two conflicts (WWII and Iraq/Middle East). If you don't see it, you might want to rinse the cheap oil from your eyes and smell the lies.

#30 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:41 AM

P.S. to Illogical:

- And the choice I was referring to in relation to joining the army, is the choice of joining the army, or applying for welfare. Most sane people prefer education and the promise of regular food in the military over standing in line with food stamps. I'm pretty sure a lot of them would like to remove the military aspect from that equation though, and the few that wouldn't, could join all the military they want for my part.

- Black mothers on welfare and native americans in reservations, are the result of how the USA became so big. Not to say my ancestor's hands aren't dirrty, but I don't walk around claiming my nation's no. 1 export product is Freedom.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942