Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

connection interuption Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   darkkblack Icon

• Account: darkkblack

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

Doesn't matter what server I am playing on results are the same. I can have 30 ping or less and still get interuptions. Usually just a skip here and there. Not constant lag. I am on a usb wifi adapter and getting 54mps. I am hoping for some kind of cvar to change to network settings change.

#2 User is offline   St.Anger Icon

• Account: stanger

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I play on a german server DUST2 map, boomb&defuse game on URT 4.2. All players are getting "Connection Interrupted" several times during a game.

Is it a server side problem, I mean a weak server s CPU, buggy netcode ?

My lagometer has almost all time yellow triangles above the upper line and red vertical lines.

As I said, every player on this server notices this problem.

This post has been edited by St.Anger: 14 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

#3 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

darkkblack, St.Anger describes an issue with a particular server. You are describing an issue with many servers. The simple thing to try is playing a few rounds with an Ethernet connection to a network. If the problem abates, the WiFi connection is suspect.
If not, the next step would be to rule out issues with your internet connection (such as packet loss or heavy traffic load). Ruling out the network media (WiFi vs Ethernet vs Internet connection) as the source of the problem will go a long way towards figuring out where the problem is. Since you experience the issue on each server you play on, it is highly likely that the problem is on your end - either a networking or a configuration issue.
Once the network is ruled out, if the problem still persists, you can move on to the more difficult task of making sure that your computer is operating correctly and ultimately to experimenting with your game configuration. There are many threads here on the forums that detail various cvars that may be helpful.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942