Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

In-game stats Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Hello everyone,
first of all, sorry for posting this a second time, but it was originally not the good section, and seeing "Please login and post on the support forum." on the "Contact us" page, I thought it might be a good idea to restart here.
Moving the original here or deleting it would be a good thing I think (and sorry for putting that work on you).

But yeah, let's go to the main subject:
Basically, I'm trying to know how the in-game stats work...
What I know for the moment is
-"Stats are generated server side in the QVM and sent to the client QVM." -Barbatos
-The part of the qvm I'm interested in has this syntaxe: "Stats: %s" and "Headshots: %i"
which makes me think it is a sprintf,
but being a complete noob in coding, there is good chances I'm wrong.

So basically, I'm looking forward to know how the code works around this area (the stats). What are the different elements, how does the code send the right info in the right place (given that in the qvm, there is "%i" after every title ("Headshots:";"Team Kills:";"Total Damage:";etc)... Well all that

Another point, but not the least important, I know and understand that the code of the game won't be released, I'm not here to discuss this; but if you could consider sending me (or posting here) JUST the part of the code I need, I would REAAALLY appreciate it... I've been trying to figure that out for a few months (not working on it everyday, not that hard), and now that I got that far, the thing that I need to go forward is your help... I'm sure I'll get this help soon, and I can't wait for it (plus now I'm on the right section)

Thanks for your time and consideration, have a nice day

This post has been edited by OlGood: 17 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

#3 User is offline   OlGood Icon

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

By "from the client" you mean from the console ? (told you I'm a complete noob)
I tried from the console, and it's an unknown command.
Or should I start UrT in the Windows Terminal ?

#4 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, he's given you a function call that you could modify a client to utilize that function. Hint: this is something you do in the c code for a client build and not in the console.

#5 User is offline   OlGood Icon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Ok I'm going to try to find some info about all that, figure what all that means... Thank you very much

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942