• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.2.010 Now LIVE! Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   z0mb1ebob Icon

• Account: z0mb1ebob

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

yay for the new release, played briefly yesterday and its seems to be a big improvement on the first version i tried some time ago.

also a thank you to all the map makers, model makers, animators, programmers & sound engineers - thank you to all the dev team and the urt staff for your hard work

best regards

>>zB

This post has been edited by z0mb1ebob: 23 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Bomb mode p1st0ls/n@de/spaz/sn1pe /connect zb1.zombieferrets.com

#43 User is offline   322lowercase Icon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

please give us also the possibility to download 4.2.010 and future versions without the updater.

thank you

#45 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 23 March 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

LOL

That is a bug that I'm assuming for now is client side. If you install over an older version of UrT (4.1.1) then “strange” animations is always the case.

I'm sure that QA would pick up suck animations but if you check out 7of9's release stream once it hits YouTube then that’s how things should look and anything different is client side.

The only fix for now off the top of my head is a clean install of 4.2.010 as we will be considering this build to be stable

Hi Frankie

Was a fresh installation have run it 2 times because I was fistly also thinking it is caused by a corrupt file.
I will try to run a third download. But on the other hand can this be a platform issue? The effect is seen at Linux desktop version Quake3-UrT.i386. I havent try under Windows. Will check and come with a feedback.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Baboudu70 Icon

• Account: baboudu70
  • Main tag:

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

the defusing animation looks like that

http://hpics.li/6f516fa

best update, great job guys!

#48 User is offline   Ludsky Icon

• Account: ludsky
  • Main tag:

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 23 March 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Something like that would need new maps but it's an interesting idea for a new game mode. 3 or 4 team CTF? Maybe a King of the Hill type of game with 4 teams?

yes for CTF and King of Hill :)
4 colors : Blue, Green, Yellow and Red ;)

This post has been edited by Ludsky: 23 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

#49 User is offline   gusk4r Icon

• Account: gusk4r

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

no players :(
all servers private :(
I dont wanna run 4.1 as it will mess the $HOME/.q3a folder...

please, up some public server that allow high pings with bots at least? (they suck but just to try new versions) (bots should imitate/record/trackdown real player movements/paths on maps)
"truth is a pathless land" - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Zeitgeist Movement - a new world, watch the movies.

#50 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

I'll be taking a closer look at it tonight but yeah platform matter if you also have “other” pk3 files in the same directory. Linux capital letters count so an older pk3 file “could” be loading in last.

With the repackaging of the player models into their own pk3 packages if all goes well and you have a corrupted pk3 file then the game will not run and issue a XXX_3.md3 file not found.

But for sure this is a bug. No way in hell QA would have let it go out like this

Have now try everything new fresh download. Run also a brand new version under Windows.

Still the same cripple movement till death.
Looks like breaking the spine by a invisible giant and after all try to swim away with the legs put on the shoulder

LOL

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942