• (2 Pages)
  • +

[HowTo] Start your First 4.2 Server Rate Topic: -----

A detailed walkthrough.

#11 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

I think if youre on the same network it will show up under the local servers.
(Delete this if im wrong^^)

#12 User is offline   Vonricht0fen Icon

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Hello.
Sorry if I post here, but since my question in the other thread haven't received any answer I ask here.
I'm not expert but the question is easy: if I start a server choosing a map between the ones listed in the START SERVER on the main screen of the game, will it appear in the PLAY ONLINE section, also in the main screen? Will it be visible to anyone?
Thank you.

This post has been edited by Vonricht0fen: 23 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

#13 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostVonricht0fen, on 23 September 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Hello.
Sorry if I post here, but since my question in the other thread haven't received any answer I ask here.
I'm not expert but the question is easy: if I start a server choosing a map between the ones listed in the START SERVER on the main screen of the game, will it appear in the PLAY ONLINE section, also in the main screen? Will it be visible to anyone?
Thank you.

Yes, if you make sure of a couple of things. First you have to set the 'dedicated' option to yes. Secondly, you need to ensure your machine is accepting traffic from the internet on the right port. This normally means setting up your router to forward traffic on port 27960 to your computer. Most router firewalls will forward return traffic automatically, so that should be all you need to do.

Lastly, make sure your firewall on your PC is set up to allow traffic to/from that port.

#14 User is offline   Vonricht0fen Icon

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

Thanks alot Lion. I'll give it a try

#15 User is offline   Procto Icon

• Account: procto

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostPhn420stoner, on 13 August 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

So we set up a server last night and three of us cant see the server in the master list but people are seeing it and joining how do we fix that ?

If you are in the same domain as the server you will not see it via "internet". Check "local" OR use ta third party UrT server lister like: http://dpmaster.deat...ame=urbanterror

This post has been edited by Procto: 17 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Xxone Icon

• Account: xxone

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

Re: Step 7: Running your server under "Screen"

If you run multiple servers it's easier to automate this process:

screen -d -m -S "SCREENNAME" sh -c './start.sh; exec bash'

In this case the server will start up within a screen named "SCREENNAME", and it will be detached automatic.
Of course if you want to start up multiple servers, make sure you use a different screen name for every server.

#17 User is offline   Rohitggarg Icon

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

I have tried to make installation and configuration using ansible on http://github.com/ro...ror-ansible.git
Comments/suggestions/contributions are most welcome.

Thanks,
RohitG

#18 User is offline   sheep83 Icon

• Account: sheep83

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:12 PM

For those who need a server up & running with a single (docker) command, i created and published a dedicated server image

image: https://hub.docker.c...nterror-server/
source: https://github.com/a...anterror-server

usage:

# docker run --rm -it -p 0.0.0.0:27960:27960/udp asnapper/urbanterror-server:4.4.3 +set dedicated 2 +set ttycon 0 +map ut4_casa

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942