Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Can't Play UrT Rate Topic: -----

Game won't start...

#1 User is offline   abbros Icon

• Account: abbros

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

So I've downloaded UrT and have updated it to the latest version. When I try to open Quake3-UrT, it just shows a black screen and nothing happens. I've always tried putting the q3ut4 folder in my Quake 3 folder and running UrT through Mods. The game works okay then, but I cant see any servers in the "Play Online" menu. It says "1462 servers found" but it doesn't show the servers. I've updated PB and I have also installed v1.32 of Quake 3 too. I'm new to this game and this has been driving me nuts. Any tips or suggestions?

#2 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

You don't need play UrT through Mod, it's a standalone version, so download the updater, run and wait to UrT it's updated, then play. You don't need Quake for play Urban Terror.

PB don't works with Urban Terror, so you don't need PB or enable the filter on server list.

#3 User is offline   abbros Icon

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Like I said bro, when I start up UrT, it just shows a black screen. I can't do anything...That's why I tried using it as a Mod in Quake 3...

#4 User is offline   ButterdBread Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

did you check md5 checksums?

#5 User is offline   abbros Icon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

^ I don't even know what that means :mellow:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ButterdBread Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

http://linux.byexamp...hecksum-how-to/

checksums are available on the download page :)

#7 User is offline   mdmax Icon

• Account: mdmax

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

i cant play because ever since i updated, the game basically sucks, massive ping spikes and lagg everywhere, autobalance is gone haywire and i am switched at least 5 times a 10 minutes game. Where is the improvement? The updater didn't work, the full zip didn't work properly. I know its free, and i appreciate the hard work and effort, but the game for me, is pretty much unplayable right now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942