Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Master Server? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   thedarkarts Icon

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Hi i am a coder and i would like to know if i could use your master server php code because i am trying to make a custom web interface like an admin pannel/forum type thing but i dont know how to query your master server.

#2 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

You can ask for the source code for the server, but I'm not sure if FS is willing to hand that out. Other quake mods like Xonotic and Warsow do open source their engine, so they might be good references.

Your number 1 tool for coding networked apps is wireshark. Install it and run it with as much (networked) apps as possible turned off. Then run your client copy of Urban Terror and select 'get new list' - you'll see all of the communication that goes on between your client, the master server and the listed servers on your screen. You can also get server details for a server or two and see a different message. Then save your capture. If you're looking for the communication between a game server and the master server, just run a dedicated server with Wireshark capturing traffic and analyse it afterwards. But do a couple of captures and you will see the communication is very simple- its just text messages or maybe a series of 6 bytes (IPv4 address & port), with a character in-between transported over UDP. HTH

#3 User is offline   thedarkarts Icon

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postthelionroars, on 22 April 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

You can ask for the source code for the server, but I'm not sure if FS is willing to hand that out. Other quake mods like Xonotic and Warsow do open source their engine, so they might be good references.

Your number 1 tool for coding networked apps is wireshark. Install it and run it with as much (networked) apps as possible turned off. Then run your client copy of Urban Terror and select 'get new list' - you'll see all of the communication that goes on between your client, the master server and the listed servers on your screen. You can also get server details for a server or two and see a different message. Then save your capture. If you're looking for the communication between a game server and the master server, just run a dedicated server with Wireshark capturing traffic and analyse it afterwards. But do a couple of captures and you will see the communication is very simple- its just text messages or maybe a series of 6 bytes (IPv4 address & port), with a character in-between transported over UDP. HTH

sorry but you lost me im on windows vista and ive never used wireshark but i will try Xonotic and or Warsow thanks for the help

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942