Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

movement Rate Topic: -----

4.1.1 vs 4.2.12

#1 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

hello,

i am not sure where to put this so it ends up in the general discussion area :)

I have played 4.2.11-12 for some time now and the whole fps issue for (some) macs seems to be fixed for most maps (orbital and kingdom still have issues)

one main difference for me is the overall feeling (mouse that is) of 4.2.11-12 compared to 4.1.1.

the overall feeling is like i had to move a heavy bulky character i never gain full control of .. on some maps it's harder or even impossible to do jumps i am familiar with from 4.1.1

slides and jumps seem to be interrupted and hindered

at first i thought the fps drops might cause this disprutive feeling while moving, but fps were(mostly) fixed with 4.2.11 and movement still felt odd,

so i thought it might be a server related issue but no matter what server i connect to, it's the same on every server

my netgraph doesn't indicate any spikes or lags either..

needless to say i first used my 4.1.1 cfg and after that created a new one to see if there might be any difference.. apparently it didn't help

looking for other possible reasons that might cause this isssue i realised i am using an optimized build of 4.1.1. and the orginal build for 4.2.11-12 (since there is no optimized build for mac)

so i am leaving you here with a few questions:

1. can any other mac player confirm my experience with 4.2.11-12?

2. can fs do anything to fix this? i am sure the transition to 4.2 would be much smoother for mac players if they are "granted" the same feeling

3. is anyone out there capable of creating an opimized mac build for 4.2 and willing to do so?

4. itsme claimed here, that the whole mouse setup was altered for 4.2.11, can fs confirm this?

cheers

karl
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#2 User is offline   kaonic Icon

• Account: kaonic
  • Main tag:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

I am also a mac OS user and feel this changes mentioned from KarlMaria aswell...
In Brazil competitive scene 4.1 is still the most used version, but when I go to play on 4.2, It takes a lot to get used to the mouse feeling and the game feeling aswell, but I do not see people from my team (that are windows users) to complain about it.
Ps: I use same .cfg on 4.1 and 4.2

@KarlMaria
Is there an IRC os ts3 where I can find you and maybe we talk about this?

#3 User is offline   fiorix Icon

• Account: fiorix

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

just for the record, there's more at http://www.urbanterr...icID=19113&st=0

@kaonic #urbanterror and #casatown @ quakenet

View Postkaonic, on 25 April 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

I am also a mac OS user and feel this changes mentioned from KarlMaria aswell...
In Brazil competitive scene 4.1 is still the most used version, but when I go to play on 4.2, It takes a lot to get used to the mouse feeling and the game feeling aswell, but I do not see people from my team (that are windows users) to complain about it.
Ps: I use same .cfg on 4.1 and 4.2

@KarlMaria
Is there an IRC os ts3 where I can find you and maybe we talk about this?

This post has been edited by fiorix: 04 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942