Urban Terror Forums: Possible fix for UrT crash on startup - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Possible fix for UrT crash on startup Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   2DARK Icon

• Account: 2dark

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hi Guys

Having downloaded v2.013 and installed, I have had nothing but problems with starting the client. On clicking the icon on the desktop, urt would load, the FS intro would swish in, the main menu would load and then that would be it. No sound, no mouse, no nothing. Upon a few clicks I would just get the mouse hour glass cursor. In the end I would have to Ctrl, Alt + Del, get to task manager and manually end the process.

This is did not happen with a vanilla install with no autoexec, so figured it must be something to do with my autoexec. Upon hours of trial and error pasting bits here and there into my autoexec I have finally narrowed this whole issue down to 1 cvar which has to do with the sound.

To save on fps I had the s_khz set as:

seta s_khz "11"

It seems that on a vanilla install / update of 4.2.013 the dmaHD_enable cvar is auto set to 1 (enabled). This obviously conflicted with my s_hkz of 11.

The FIX: Either turn off dmaHD (dmaHD_enable "0") or set s_khz to "44".

Funny how one little simple cvar can crash your whole client and took an age to find out which one it was. Perhaps this has already been stated before elsewhere in the last few days. If such is the case, just delete or move this post. If not then I hope someone finds this useful and potentially fixes their UrT :)

Props to x3r for the help :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942