Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game closes upon launching Rate Topic: -----

Game will not launch

#1 User is offline   kravmaga Icon

• Account: kravmaga

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

I played this game fine for months but after a re-install it will not start from the launch page. It simply closes out.
Also, lost the ability to see any servers except favorites.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   l3mming Icon

• Account: l3mming

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

View Postkravmaga, on 07 May 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

I played this game fine for months but after a re-install it will not start from the launch page. It simply closes out.
Also, lost the ability to see any servers except favorites.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

About the server, that's easy, just delete the servercache.dat from your Home:Library:Application Support:Quake3 folder after a restart, it will reload servers properly again. I have to do this from time to time, don't know what's causing it though, but this always fixes things.

About the startup failure,

open the Console application (use spotlight to find it), now start urban terror and see it close instantly, then look in the console application under Console Messages. You should see some output from ioquake3 which can tell us why it decides to quit. If it's unclear to you, paste the info here and we'll try to help out.

#3 User is offline   kravmaga Icon

• Account: kravmaga

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postl3mming, on 26 May 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

About the server, that's easy, just delete the servercache.dat from your Home:Library:Application Support:Quake3 folder after a restart, it will reload servers properly again. I have to do this from time to time, don't know what's causing it though, but this always fixes things.

About the startup failure,

open the Console application (use spotlight to find it), now start urban terror and see it close instantly, then look in the console application under Console Messages. You should see some output from ioquake3 which can tell us why it decides to quit. If it's unclear to you, paste the info here and we'll try to help out.

This is the message i get in console. Thanks for your help.

11/29/13 8:14:50.672 AM Quake3-UrT.i386[1349]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
11/29/13 8:14:50.672 AM Quake3-UrT.i386[1349]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

#4 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

View Postkravmaga, on 29 November 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

This is the message i get in console. Thanks for your help.

11/29/13 8:14:50.672 AM Quake3-UrT.i386[1349]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
11/29/13 8:14:50.672 AM Quake3-UrT.i386[1349]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

I get those same messages for UrT every time I run it. It doesn't mean anything has gone wrong (even though the code should be updated so it doesn't cause this error anymore). Apple gets more specific with error messages when things are actually going wrong due to a call being deprecated: "This is a serious error. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update."

..so basically, these errors have nothing to do with your game crashing. :(

A couple of things that have caused crashes on startup for me on OS X are:
The sound is set to 11 kHz:
  • Open your q3config.cfg* file in a text editor.
  • If you see seta s_khz "11", change it to seta s_khz "22" or seta s_khz "44"

You have fullscreen mode on:

• Open your q3config.cfg* file in a text editor.
  • If you see seta r_fullscreen "1", change it to seta r_fullscreen "0"
  • Launch the game (now in windowed mode).
  • You should be able to switch back to fullscreen mode now if you want.

*q3config.cfg should be in /Users/[yourname]/Library/Application Support/Quake3/q3ut4/
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942