Urban Terror Forums: Creating bots - Urban Terror Forums

Jump to content

 Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating bots Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

  • Account: redsnappa
  • Country:
  • Joined: 06-February 11
  • Posts: 271
  • Notoriety: basic (missing)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

I want to create some more bot types. Here is what I have in mind so far:

Name: Duck
Primary: H&K 69
Secondary: H&K MP5K
Sidearm: Beretta 92G
Grenades: HE Grenades
Item 1: Extra Ammo

Name: Turkey
Primary: H&K 69
Secondary: Franchi SPAS-12
Sidearm: .50 Desert Eagle
Grenades: -
Item 1: Extra Ammo
Item 2: Kevlar Vest

Name: Hornet
Primary: IMI Negev
Secondary: -
Sidearm: Beretta 92G
Grenades: -
Item 1: Extra Ammo
Item 2: Kevlar Helmet
Item 3: Kevlar Vest

How would I implement these? I looked at the botfiles and can't figure out what to modify.

#2 User is offline   Biddle Icon

  • Account: biddle
  • Main tag: [b00bs]
  • Country:
  • Joined: 01-August 12
  • Posts: 1,028
  • Notoriety: basic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Perhaps this part of the manual can help you: http://www.urbanterr.../188-game-bots/ .

#3 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

  • Account: redsnappa
  • Country:
  • Joined: 06-February 11
  • Posts: 271
  • Notoriety: basic (missing)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

That does not help. I want to know how to create new bot types, not add existing bot types to a map.

#4 User is offline   Johnnyenglish Icon

  •   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: johnnyenglish
  • Main tag: CMM|
  • Country:
  • Joined: 28-February 10
  • Posts: 827
  • Notoriety: basic

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

View Postredsnappa, on 12 June 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:


Name: Hornet
Primary: IMI Negev
Secondary: -
Sidearm: Beretta 92G
Grenades: -
Item 1: Extra Ammo
Item 2: Kevlar Helmet
Item 3: Kevlar Vest



I'm not sure if this would be considered a "mod" so I'm not commenting on your project but, fyi, bots will not use negev, or m4 as far as I recall.

#5 User is offline   swampfox Icon

  • Account: swampfox
  • Main tag: 404|
  • Country:
  • Joined: 14-April 13
  • Posts: 13
  • Notoriety: basic (gone)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

You could take a look at the bot pk3s that 1up has available for download and see if there's anything that can help you there. I'm not sure whether they use custom bots or just had the originals modified.
Hope is the pillar that holds up the world. Hope is the dream of a waking man.
It is a rough road that leads to the height of greatness.
Doubt whomever you want, but never doubt yourself.

#6 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

  • Account: redsnappa
  • Country:
  • Joined: 06-February 11
  • Posts: 271
  • Notoriety: basic (missing)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostJohnnyenglish, on 13 June 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

I'm not sure if this would be considered a "mod" so I'm not commenting on your project but, fyi, bots will not use negev, or m4 as far as I recall.

My understanding is that anything that does not modify anything that is hardcoded is allowed.

I was not aware that bots would not use IMI Negev or Colt M4A1, though I did find it curious that no existing bots do. I also notice that some bots use Flash Grenades, which have been absent from the game for a long time.

View Postswampfox, on 13 June 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

You could take a look at the bot pk3s that 1up has available for download and see if there's anything that can help you there. I'm not sure whether they use custom bots or just had the originals modified.

I went to the forum page at 1up where the bot .pk3's are supposed to be hosted, but all of the links say "Error: This File does not Exist."

My goal is to create more bots to complement the existing 16, in order to accommodate more weapon loadouts and styles of play. For example, the Duck and Turkey bot proposals in my first post would allow some variation on Nadeball maps, so that all of the bots would not have to be Goose bots. (Goose is the only existing bot with HK69, which is what most players would use for Nadeball.)

This post has been edited by redsnappa: 13 June 2013 - 10:38 PM


#7 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

  • Account: redsnappa
  • Country:
  • Joined: 06-February 11
  • Posts: 271
  • Notoriety: basic (missing)

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

I have been informed that this is impossible without modding the game. So, I hope FS can either do something with this or move it out of the hardcode so we can edit it.


#9 User is offline   Goaty Icon

  • Account: goaty
  • Joined: 30-January 16
  • Posts: 1
  • Notoriety: gone

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

View Postredsnappa, on 12 June 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

I want to create some more bot types. Here is what I have in mind so far:

Name: Duck
Primary: H&K 69
Secondary: H&K MP5K
Sidearm: Beretta 92G
Grenades: HE Grenades
Item 1: Extra Ammo

Name: Turkey
Primary: H&K 69
Secondary: Franchi SPAS-12
Sidearm: .50 Desert Eagle
Grenades: -
Item 1: Extra Ammo
Item 2: Kevlar Vest

Name: Hornet
Primary: IMI Negev
Secondary: -
Sidearm: Beretta 92G
Grenades: -
Item 1: Extra Ammo
Item 2: Kevlar Helmet
Item 3: Kevlar Vest

How would I implement these? I looked at the botfiles and can't figure out what to modify.


So were you able to make the extra ammo bot?
You can read what I think about the Bathmate.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement


Copyright © 1999-2018 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942