• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.2 urt updater is broken Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   divine Icon

• Account: divine

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ok i try to update my 4.2 for the new guns and stuff, it says Info from the API are not valid. Please contact a Frozen Sand admin on www.urbanterror.info or try again later, i try again later and later is says the same thing every time!!, then i delete the whole 4.2 folder then redownload, it's been on the 'Contacting urbanterror.info for update info for like 20mins now and its not getting anywhere, FS YOU NEED TO FIX THIS, IT'S ANNOYING ME SO MUCH...FFS

#2 User is offline   divine Icon

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Can anybody just help me please i'm about to give up with 4.2...please help me :(

#3 User is offline   b1naryth1ef Icon

• Account: b1naryth1ef

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Please try downloading the static zip file from the downloads section.
I break stuff and call it a feature

#4 User is offline   divine Icon

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Which one is that mate?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

At the risk of sounding like an asshole, one of Frozen Sand's big selling points for these rapid updates was this simple updater but it's broken release after release. Another was released upon the last release after I was raging at the prior updater and now it's broken again. Windows updated like a charm, linux was a 7 or 8 time run.

Come on.

#8 User is offline   Resumil Icon

• Account: resumil

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 02 July 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Regarding your message it looks like you're using an old updater. I suspect you're using one I distributed as a beta version. Please download the latest updater on the download page and try again.

I just ran into this issue too. Downloaded and tried the "updated updater" but the problem still persists. Added to my list of reasons to wish we could go back to 4.1.

#9 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:59 AM

So you had to necro a 3 yrs old thread, quote something that might not even be a thing anymore, and then use that as a reason to go back to 4.1?
thats seems incredibly legit.

In the mean time, just a) download a full zip or b) just dont run the updater/launcher as its not needed for anything but updates.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#10 User is offline   LEXX Icon

• Account: lexx

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:36 PM

Hey,

I am running Windows 7 and tried to run the updater, however received the error message: "Information from the API are not valid."

I downloaded a fresh Urban Terror Updater from the download page and copied it into the Urban Terror directory and still receive the error message and have done for a while,

Thanks,
Alex

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942