• You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.2.014 Release Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   b1naryth1ef Icon

• Account: b1naryth1ef

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostKittyWumpus, on 14 July 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

Why?
IMO, this should be open to all modes.
I created a map (DR Arena) that utilized a custom, scaled stamina modification in 4.1(.1), but with this last release, we simply used the stock 4.2(.013) g_stamina cvar to allow play of this map. It is a CTF map. It is, essentially, a large skate park type map, with nearly every surface slick (icy). Aside from several (6) "skid pads" and the spawn room floors that are not slick, all else is.

Due to a final 4.2 version being a ways off still, taking the time to modify the engine to employ the custom stamina we (FSK405) used previously would be an ongoing chore. Releasing this cvar to all game modes would allow server admins the ability to employ it when deemed appropriate. I am unsure of any reason to take it away, and would be open to an explanation of why not (please).
thanks!
FSK405|KittyWumpus*

http://www.urbanterr...-vs-game-modes/
I break stuff and call it a feature

#22 User is offline   KittyWumpus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: kittywumpus

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

View Postb1naryth1ef, on 14 July 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

Thank you for the reply.
I do not agree with it being restricted for that reason. I could very easily provide an announcement that stamina is altered ONLY for that map. If that would make "the powers that be" happy, I would do that.

#23 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

It honestly makes no sense to lock it. Admins have the ability to control gravity, knockback, weapon restriction, etc. This very ability is what is grossly lacking in literally EVERY other game out there. There are blatant low-grav servers because some maps are just plain fun that way. Restricting stamina, along with other cvars, to only one game mode runs contrary to not restricting the other cvars that admins have had the freedom to utilize in the past. I am certainly not asking anybody to lock those other cvars, I'm just saying that there is a conflict in the argument.

-Reflux

#24 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

why are you guys constantly trying to change UrT into that kind of game?
what is the deal turning UrT into quake... well i got tired of quake long time ago, and UrT physics (including it's unique restrictions) made me stay here for over a decade, for what? you guys turning it something i quit long time ago?

and if we take this path then just unlock everything along with weapon damage, player health, walking speed, server side skin forcing... whatever we just come up to, sounds fair to me, because why unlocking a cvar for a tiny group of players/admins desire, where else requests of other groups are being rejected.
<sXe>

#25 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

I agree a little bit, in the sense that i like to frag in jumpmaps.
And they made that impossible in 4.2, omg!
If it was possible, you could load fragmaps in jumpmopde and play a kind of TDM with no_stamina

We are just a bunch of e-friends on a jumpserver, and when we are done with jumping we start to frag a bit. Lot of guest like it, just a mindless fragging for a few minutes without having to reset gamertype or so. The admin pays and owns, and he/we like to frag a bit, np with that

Also, shooting asshats is a fun thing to do, before you kick them from a jmupserver

And racing in a jumpmap, lets say uberjumps, with fragging enabled is one of the very funniest things you can do in a jumpmap. Its hard to escape, and stay alive, but possible since there are also many hiding places.

But in 4.2 jumpmode you cant frag ??!??!?!?

Also i helped with a jumpmap called booobjumps, and we made a fragroom in a jumpmap.
Thats only possible to play when a admin enables respawnprotection1/0, but it is possible in 4.1 to jump a bit and then an admin decides lets frag a bit, without having to change the gametype.
I liked that idea, but only possible in 4.1....

Im not sure who ever decided to have a jumpmode without any shooting, but i have experience only fun and joy since i frag in jumpmaps. Ofcourse some serious wino's leave the server because we show no respect to them jumpers Hahaha, but you talk about 1 procent of the community, the rest like to race in uberjumps with killing enabled, or just frag 5 minutes in vertigo before going to bed. It has a good spawn to frag, there are worser fragmaps out there than some jumpmaps like vertigo or parkourgamma ;)

Suddenly we have /goto back in jumpmode, thanx a lot for that, since the abuse of goto is so minor compared to the fun and use of it. I dont know who why did disable goto in 4., but he saw the light. (and yes, save/load is more a virus for jump-learn-curve then goto itself, if you talk about ruining jumping as it was in old days).
So put fragging back in jumpmode please.

Lets hope jumpmode gets the ability to shoot
And the fragservers can load a map in jumpmode
to play a map with no_stamina.
Frosen sand keeps the game as it is now (15/16 jumps max), and there is a little space for 'other type' of fragmaps.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

@Driller- i'm missing JM shooting/killing too ;)
so that's a good point, but i'm afraid not many would agree
<sXe>

#28 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

n1n,

So your justification is: "It's dumb to me, so NO!." Your argument is a hyperbole by stating, "then just unlock everything along with weapon damage, player health, walking speed, server side skin forcing... whatever we just come up to, sounds fair to me". It isn't much different than what Ronaldlee @ 1up was stating, along with your own support.

http://www.urbanterr...post__p__343874

"why are you guys constantly trying to change UrT into that kind of game?" WHAT?!?!? Frag in jump mode makes sense, so it's sorta ok with you. g_gravity, g_knockback, g_hotpotato, etc. All of these affect the game in radical ways, and you think that giving the admins control of one more physics variable is going to outright ruin the game? It's a single, configurable option that's effective for very specific situations. It doesn't have to appeal to large crowds to be beneficial to some. I don't mind that it doesn't appeal to you. I doubt we're going to find a good sized crowd that likes every single aspect of the game. We're all hear for very specific things about UrT.

I highly doubt that you are unaware, but all that is left of UrT is a tiny group of player/admins. There isn't much of an audience to cater to these days. 313 listed 4.2.013 servers isn't that big of a following, half of which are almost always empty.

#29 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

what you referring to (link) was a whole NEW GAMETYPE, not affecting old gametypes like CTF or TS. what you asking for is making TS (for example) with stamina disabled, something that would affect the gameplay in such degree it couldn't be called urban terror any more.

not just because e "It's dumb to me, so NO!.", but because it would just allow server admins flatten this game to a pure spray and pray shoot and run and wall/trick/whateverjump all the way. i just hate this idea and many oldschoolers could only agree, that's the least thing i wanted UrT would become.

so if you want this or need it for whatever reason (one map is so much less than a good reason), feel free to suggest a new gametype and provide rules to such, i think the devs were quite open to such idea, i just didn't consider it's the best time to suggest that so i didn't yet.

PS. hotpotato? give me a break...

This post has been edited by n1n: 14 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

<sXe>

#30 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

.013's changelog was depressing to read. .014s looks pretty legit though.

Also, of course hot potato affects how CTF is played, n1n...

This post has been edited by Nikki: 14 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942