• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Git Repository Hacked Rate Topic: -----

#2 User is offline   Subzero663 Icon

• Account: subzero663

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

That's pretty sad.. you guys worked so hard :\
Im thumbing up for your "comeback" to the game and I hope your 10 year work don't become "useless"
btw what's up with that auth thing cannot be trust? I honestly don't care but some people say there would/will be more people cheating cuz they don't fear on getting banned, can't you do anything to fix it, or get a "substitute" for it?

gl guys! you're in holidays (I hope) chill out, then you can get a fresh mind to work :)

#3 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

umad?
turns out u guys dont own us
the community fights back

Tilting at windmills, from the safety of Mum's spare bedroom. Never mind trying to sell the code for a profit a few hours ago, we're doing it for the community!

#4 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Keep it up FS, we community like you, that hacker doesnt represent any decent player.
Really sad story...

#5 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

f1 driller.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   matt Icon

• Account: matt

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

I doubt there will be (illegal) forks now as maintaining such a huge project is a big task. You already know the code base best and keep updating and improving it. That is the real thing that keeps your customers attached. Not just hiding the source code. Many people don't get that. Still I wonder how a git repository can be hacked. SSH should be secure. Choose better passwords next time.

#7 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Dude committed a felony. I hope the authorities are involved. I attempted to steal turtles from a Hess Department Store when I was a little kid, by stuffing them down my pants. I almost made it out the door before the clerk noticed that I had turtles in my pants.

He called the cops and they scared the shit out of me, I was 8 years old then.

I haven't stolen a turtle since.

#8 User is offline   TH0R Icon

• Account: th0r

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Fact or Fiction, IDK, but anyway:

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

Link within the Link above: http://pastebin.com/sXv5Rtr2

For archive sake in case the above link no longer exists soon:

s!lence
Join Date Aug 2013
Posts 1

Post title: 4.2 Source

Post Content:
looking for offers on 4.2 source, ppl willing too donate 100+ dollars too a charity [provided proof]. i hacked fs git with simple ruby bug. full 4.2 git source incl qvm encrypt and hack detection. will provide more proof on pm. legit offer #fuckfs

proof [directory structure]: proof (link as above)

i provided king more proof so hopefully he can confirm here

#9 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

oh lol...

i thought fs was pissed off by constant criticism on the forum they decided to called it quits .. just to show us how it feels ..

how naive and wrong i was : )

i don't quite understand why you guys won't be going after those people/ this person... sue his ass/ their asses to the moon and invest the money in urt...

nah seriously .. why not take any action?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#10 User is offline   hasufell Icon

• Account: hasufell

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postmatt, on 17 August 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

I doubt there will be (illegal) forks now as maintaining such a huge project is a big task. You already know the code base best and keep updating and improving it. That is the real thing that keeps your customers attached. Not just hiding the source code. Many people don't get that. Still I wonder how a git repository can be hacked. SSH should be secure. Choose better passwords next time.

Frozen Sand clearly does not understand FOSS. That's just an observation not a judgement in any way.

Why should anyone in the community care? It's not a big deal and only a legal problem for Frozen Sand, nothing else. Proprietary code is _never_ safer than opensource code, so that can hardly be an argument. Also, development won't stop because of this.

The only thing that would be sad is if code is actually LOST, not just stolen.

Also: "we can't verify if it's free from viruses"? WTF? Of course you can, READ/DIFF IT, unless you cannot understand your own code.

This post has been edited by hasufell: 17 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942