Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I connect launchers?

#1 User is offline   crazyrich Icon

• Account: crazyrich

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

Im running Linux Mint 15 and I have Urban Terror running in "Wine". I've also downloaded and installed the Urban Terror Launcher in "Wine". On my Firefox browser I have an add-on called "AppLauncher 0.8.7" that's supposed to activater the Urban Terror Launcher when I click on the "play now" button, but all I get is a blank screen and the words "The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (urt) isn't associated with any program.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and give me a "step by step" solution to my probem? I really want to launch from the site. :sad:

This post has been edited by crazyrich: 04 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

#2 User is offline   Orbit Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: orbit

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Why the hell you using wine in first place? :blink:

#3 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Basically the launcher is registering Urban Terror for a Windows environment (your WINE install), but Firefox is running on your native linux environment. You could try installing a Windows version of a browser such as firefox or chrome in WINE and try launching through that, at least then you will have a chance of it working.

Registering a custom protocol is more complex in Linux than in Windows, it involves making and installing the protocol entry plus you need to have a desktop file and icon installed for the application (all of which involve the XDG utils). Even then, different browsers handle custom protocols differently and require further installation or running of tools such as gconftool-2. I've got it working but the script is still a little unpolished.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 04 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942