Can't get new servers on masterlist. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Jacepriester Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

cl_master "master.urbanterror.info"

^ this should resolve your problem

#12 User is offline   onetwothreefouwa Icon

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

I've been having the same problem and I've tried everything, from putting it in the "home" folder, to desktop, to changing the information in the cfg file, to downloading the update, which is always corrupted regardless of where I put it. I've downloaded the zip, so many times I can't even count, I've downloaded all of the options but nothing seems to work.

Now while I do not get a blank list I get a list of about 10 servers or so, always the same and typically filled with bots. No matter what I try its always the same servers and only 2 of them are ever populated (typically with bots). My friend on PC downloaded this without a hitch but can't find me anywhere on the search. I'm operating on 10.8.5

#13 User is offline   figz Icon

• Account: figz

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostJacepriester, on 23 December 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

cl_master "master.urbanterror.info"

^ this should resolve your problem

my q3config.cfg contains this line:
seta cl_master "master.urbanterror.info"

this gives me the serverlist as onetwothreefouwa describes

#14 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

it's been reported here as well but no response from the devs so far ..

since you guys are using mac why not install the urban server picker it's far more user friendly than the in-game browser anyway..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#15 User is offline   figz Icon

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 24 December 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

it's been reported here as well but no response from the devs so far ..

since you guys are using mac why not install the urban server picker it's far more user friendly than the in-game browser anyway..

yeah - seen that - but from what i read it will not work on older osX 10.5.8 like mine

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

oh .. damn.. without snow leopard no free mavericks .. that's a pity ..
i guess you have your reasons for not spending money on the sl upgrade..

before usp was released i used this site's serverlist and typed every fkn server address i wanted to connect to .. creating favorites eased the pain a little but even those didn't work all the time with that in-game server list bug ..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#17 User is offline   figz Icon

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

just upgraded to 4.2.017 and now the server list looks a bit better - not many populated servers, but at least some
I just had a quick game - works

fyi - the updater that i downloaded in the full package did not seem to work - renamed it - downloaded the updater, put it in the urt folder and that one worked nicely

#18 User is offline   mazwal Icon

• Account: mazwal

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

View Postthe1envoy, on 31 October 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Fixed; deleted the whole folder, downloaded the newest updater/installer and re-installed it that way. Works now. The problem seems to occur when you use the full zip to install.

Btw, don't just open the installer from the mounted .dmg, but place it in you application folder before opening.

I have a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo at 2.8 Ghz (late 2008) with 8 GB RAM and Snow Leopard (the next OS were too heavy, so I downgraded to S.L.).
Well, I followed your instructions several times but still doesn't works.
I've tried to disable Little Snitch (firewall) and following many other tips but no way :-#
The previous version didn't have such annoying issues, it was a pleasure playing!
In my opinion this new release does have too many non solved issues (and too many file to download: full zip, updater and so on; why not a simply one .dmg?) and I just don't want getting nervous for a game and spending hours on it, but enjoying it...
Solution: unistallaing it and waiting for better times when it become stable and smooth at it was before.

Bye.

#19 User is offline   mazwal Icon

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 25 December 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

oh .. damn.. without snow leopard no free mavericks .. that's a pity ..
i guess you have your reasons for not spending money on the sl upgrade..

before usp was released i used this site's serverlist and typed every fkn server address i wanted to connect to .. creating favorites eased the pain a little but even those didn't work all the time with that in-game server list bug ..

It's the game in itself that doesn't work (at least for Mac); maybe released in a hurry just to publish it... read my last post.

By the way: Snow Leopard is much faster on my Mac than the next OS: only 40 secs from the boot to get ready and it shuts up in 4 secs!

bye!

This post has been edited by mazwal: 28 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

#20 User is offline   mazwal Icon

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postfigz, on 26 December 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

just upgraded to 4.2.017 and now the server list looks a bit better - not many populated servers, but at least some
I just had a quick game - works

fyi - the updater that i downloaded in the full package did not seem to work - renamed it - downloaded the updater, put it in the urt folder and that one worked nicely

I did so, but still doesn't works :-/

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942