Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't get new servers on masterlist. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

i'd really appreciate it if some dev of qa member gave us a statement here .. since we are literally loosing enthusiastic players here...
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#22 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

The problems I have seen users encounter all seem to come from the same source.

Users trying to play both 4.1 and 4.2 on the same user account, or users that once had 4.1 installed and moved to 4.2 - This problem doesnt exist on a clean installed OS + 4.2.

The problem is 4.1 and 4.2 share a hidden directory where a second q3config is written and since both games use different master servers it can confuse both games because they share access to a single q3config.cfg file out with the one in their UrbanTerror directories.

This can be prevent by properly setting up fs_homepath and fs_basepath parameters. However most users do not know about this.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#23 User is offline   movingtarget Icon

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostNitro, on 28 December 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Users trying to play both 4.1 and 4.2 on the same user account, or users that once had 4.1 installed and moved to 4.2 - This problem doesnt exist on a clean installed OS + 4.2.

The problem is 4.1 and 4.2 share a hidden directory where a second q3config is written and since both games use different master servers it can confuse both games because they share access to a single q3config.cfg file out with the one in their UrbanTerror directories.

This can be prevent by properly setting up fs_homepath and fs_basepath parameters. However most users do not know about this.

I already got rid of everything I could find but where are those hidden files so I can delete 4.1 completely? I will not go through the hassle of reinstalling my whole system just to play UrT. Would generating a new user for playing UrT help?

cheers
MT

#24 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostNitro, on 28 December 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

well, if that was true i should not have any problem with the in-game server browser..

what you are referring to is not the solution for the current issue..

i have played all 4.2 releaeses (well aware that i have to keep the quake3 folder of 4.1. and 4.2 seperate)

and i have never run into that server browser issue until 4.2.016 was released .

btw. that hidden q3config file does not exist in osx

the current issue is not caused by:

- a 4.1/4.2 q3ut4 folder mix up
- the wrong master server

please take a closer look

thank you

#25 User is offline   berenkiller Icon

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postfigz, on 21 December 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

no masterlist :(

tried the updater - twice
tried the full image

on a mac running os X 10.5.8

any help is appreciated

update: after some fiddling with the q3config.cfg i finally get something - but i hardly believe there are only two populated servers, one which is private
can someone list their q3config (especially lines containing 'master' seem to be relevant

I have exactly the same problem, re updating doesnt work

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   szmoc Icon

• Account: szmoc

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I have the same - no servers :|
But... after read this topic I go to my home folder, press "Shift+Commnd+G" and type "Library".
Delete folder "Quake3" from my Library folder. Run Quake3-UrT.app and... nothing :(

I fond in UrbanTerror 4.2 folder mysterious file - Quake3-UrT.app.zip
After unzip I get "Quake3-UrT 2", run it and... BINGO! I see UrT servers :-)

Posted Image

In 'full install' Quake3-UrT is older version than is in the zip file inside UrbanTerror42 folder...

This post has been edited by szmoc: 03 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

#28 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

View Postszmoc, on 03 January 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Maybe, the updater can download de .zip, but cannot extract correctly the .zip for the app package (folder or file permissions) and there remains the old version of the executable (with wrong port for masterlist, etc ?).

#29 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

View Postszmoc, on 03 January 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

I have the same - no servers :|
But... after read this topic I go to my home folder, press "Shift+Commnd+G" and type "Library".
Delete folder "Quake3" from my Library folder. Run Quake3-UrT.app and... nothing :(

Posted Image

In 'full install' Quake3-UrT is older version than is in the zip file inside UrbanTerror42 folder...

thanks for solving this issue

had to get the full version since the updater doesn't work properly with osx mavericks,

i checked the version of the app in my urt 4.2 folder and voila 4.2.10 ...

somebody obviously added the wrong app or something like that...

Quake3-UrT.app.zip

will get you the proper app file .017

thanks again ..

#30 User is offline   buncha Icon

• Account: buncha

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

thanks a lot!!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942