Urban Terror Forums: List of all the actual North American clans. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

List of all the actual North American clans. Rate Topic: -----

Because people seem to wonder what's going on here.

#1 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Hi there,

Since a lot of people is asking here and there about the clans and the people in North America playing this game, I think it should be a good idea to list the actual clans in order to help clans to search scrims (PCW - Private Clan War) and people to search teams.
FTWGL is dead, there are no resources available to find active clans that still play this game.

This list is only dedicated to the North American only. If you are looking for other nationalities, I recommend you to take a look at the "Communities" section on your left menu of the website.

Name (with a link to its UrT.info page) | IRC / Team Speak server | Website | Country

LIST OF NORTH AMERICAN COMPETITIONS:
  • For The Win Gaming League: Died few months ago. Some valid sources said that Tarquin and x8 are working on it and it should reappear in 2014. Stay tuned.

• Urban Terror Shooting Championship: An international, based in Asia, league. Sr8 only, knockouts, and more.

If you have clan or you know a clan that is mainly composed of NA players and that is still active, tell me so that I can update this list.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by Brainie: 07 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#2 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

http://urban-zone.or...=team&cid=55339

Here's a list of some of the people you'll find kind of spread throughout the URT scene. All North Americans except our resident beer lover, BRAVO, and the resident Slovak, eya :P. Some have gone to the listed clans, some listed and not listed play for Euro teams (A couple not listed - hasheesh plays with owls and camaroz plays with pir8 to name a couple) and some are just out and about pubbing every so often.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 14 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

#3 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thanks! It's updated.

#4 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

@Nikki

Flotek still playing?

#5 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostMajkiFajki, on 15 October 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

@Nikki

Flotek still playing?

Flotek is an on again, off again player. It all depends on when he's at either school or home. He's usually around for the season cups (Summercups/Wintercups).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Grim Icon

• Account: grim

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

R.I.P. NA

#7 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostGrim, on 16 October 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

R.I.P. NA

Well, not really. It's not because there is not a lot of clans from NA that there is no more games played in NA.

Take a look at the members: USA has the biggest amount of accounts created, Canada is in the 10th place.
Servers: 50 servers in NA (46 in USA for 4 in Canada).

Don't forget this game is made by a Canadian company and managed by Canadians.

So in the end there are still a lot of people playing this game but there's just no competitions and a huge lack of clans.

If I can bring my two cents, I'd say that this game doesn't have enough publicity here in NA. People don't talk enough about it, no "mouth to hear", people should share this game more often. I feel like Europeans communicate more about it. It's very paradoxical because Quake (Live) is mostly known in America but not in Europe.

#8 User is offline   Leks Icon

• Account: leks

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Urban terror is a great game!
Personally, what I think, it lost a big amount of players 'cause there is no more "fun"
What I mean by "fun" is, for example, zombie mode!
I'm not up to date about the news here, and I may be wrong, but is FS developing a "zombie mode" or anything like that? the answer is No..
In the other hand, 4.2 has come with a great update, "Jump Mode"
And I still have some fun playing TDM or some icy maps, but it lost a big part of "fun"!
UrT is probably the best F2P game where you don't have to pay for anything!
So I shouldn't brag about it not having zombie mode, because they did an excelent job developing this game!
:laugh:
Wikipédia

Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, wit, or sense. It may be innate, assumed, or reactive - being 'stupid with grief' as a defence against psychological trauma, a state marked with grief and despair...making even simple daily tasks a hardship.

#9 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostLeks, on 16 October 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Urban terror is a great game!
Personally, what I think, it lost a big amount of players 'cause there is no more "fun"
What I mean by "fun" is, for example, zombie mode!
I'm not up to date about the news here, and I may be wrong, but is FS developing a "zombie mode" or anything like that? the answer is No..
In the other hand, 4.2 has come with a great update, "Jump Mode"
And I still have some fun playing TDM or some icy maps, but it lost a big part of "fun"!
UrT is probably the best F2P game where you don't have to pay for anything!
So I shouldn't brag about it not having zombie mode, because they did an excelent job developing this game!
:laugh:

Brainie made this thread for active competitive/scrim clans, not NA pubbers that like to play zombie mode. I'm sorry but the "NA lost its scene because there is no zombie mode in 4.2" is a complete joke, yeah some want it but imo most of the NA scene that still exists on 4.2 are competitive type players. Which is the reason why most of them joined European clans to play in UZ and CB. Also, ftwgl died.

NA needs a league, that's all that's wrong.

Things need to be fixed with 4.2 and brought up to par with 4.1 and I'm sure the NA scene will be back, pubbers and more competitve players at that. If they aren't too lazy to update.
∆

#10 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Posttehwally, on 16 October 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

NA needs a league, that's all that's wrong.

No ATM it needs players to create teams in order to play against other teams in the objective to play in a competition.

Players -> Team -> TeamA vs TeamB -> Competition.

Did FS try to present this game at a Quakecon by curiosity?

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942