Urban Terror Forums: List of all the actual North American clans. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

List of all the actual North American clans. Rate Topic: -----

Because people seem to wonder what's going on here.

#11 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostBrainie, on 17 October 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

No ATM it needs players to create teams in order to play against other teams in the objective to play in a competition.

Players -> Team -> TeamA vs TeamB -> Competition.

Did FS try to present this game at a Quakecon by curiosity?

Wrong, FTW was composed of very few NA clans, maybe a handful at max.
It was mostly SA, CA and as I said a hand full of NA clans.

FTWGL's new website and forums killed it.

There are players in NA as much as you don't want to believe it, we just need a league to bring them out of the woods.

This post has been edited by tehwally: 17 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

∆

#12 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

The part about FTWGL's website says it all.

But I also think that the peole who were admins made it crash too. Not everyone but certain people...
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#13 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostBrainie, on 18 October 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

The part about FTWGL's website says it all.

But I also think that the peole who were admins made it crash too. Not everyone but certain people...

This.
∆

#14 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

I miss playing, and I miss the flame wars on FTWgl.

Can't wait to be settled into my job and have time to play again. :sad:

#15 User is offline   audio Icon

• Account: audio

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

View Posttehwally, on 16 October 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Brainie made this thread for active competitive/scrim clans, not NA pubbers that like to play zombie mode. I'm sorry but the "NA lost its scene because there is no zombie mode in 4.2" is a complete joke, yeah some want it but imo most of the NA scene that still exists on 4.2 are competitive type players. Which is the reason why most of them joined European clans to play in UZ and CB. Also, ftwgl died.

NA needs a league, that's all that's wrong.

Things need to be fixed with 4.2 and brought up to par with 4.1 and I'm sure the NA scene will be back, pubbers and more competitve players at that. If they aren't too lazy to update.

YAY ZOMBIE MODE! WOOOOHH! SIKE!! It's all about dat bomb mode baby. And team survivor too.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   evilelf Icon

•   former FS member   
    Hosting Consultant
  • Account: evilelf

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

Well, the new site was not a huge success... That's a given. Considering the goal was to keep the previous data when a failed upgrade went through.

FTWGL is being rebuilt by x8 and tarquin as we speak. The time off was required too due to the quarrels between NA and SA, due to cheats, mismanagement, etc. name it. You find the reason it makes you feel good. I'm not overly concerned about it. It's an experience most of us learned from.

The problem in running a league is the human mistakes compounded. There's a very high complexity in building a system and keeping data integrity.

I did the best I could within the limited time frame I had. Few non-professional things were done, but then again, there's a minority in the player base that's always a pain in the neck to keep in line. We spend resources, money, time, coordinating teams of people to get things done, matches going, etc.

It has a serious impact when you have to micromanage idiots, trolls, people who go beyond the normal complaining, bad partners, shit happens y'know.

The site did have some interesting flexibility, but the performance (whatever hardware I threw at it) just killed it. Let alone the few slowloris attacks, 2-3 DDoS, etc.

Running a league takes a shitton of time, dedication and a good flow of good willed staff. This can be done, if people let the past behind, start with a clean slate and promote healthy competition, which did not happen in the final days of ftwgl.

I really hope the NA scene pops back up, under a new system / management style / steady folks. This has been lacking. Some tried to make new leagues and due to the ongoing events here and there, players lost interest. However, that's behind and now things can start again, clean.

Any complaint about what we did is irrelevant and useless, so, keep it for yourselves we know (especially me) what we did wrong towards people or in general. I'm no angel in this, but I'm not the only one to blame and I'm not going there. It's over for me to run a league, however, I'll actively play even though I'm not that good.

Your call NA players, if you want to bring something good back on track, support the people with the ideas and move forward, be constructive and get them frags on.

Regards,
Elf.

#17 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

Yes well it happened and it's done so we should probably get over it and build the past.

View Postevilelf, on 01 November 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Your call NA players, if you want to bring something good back on track, support the people with the ideas and move forward, be constructive and get them frags on.

This is the best that could be said for the future.

If Tarquin or x8 need any help to run it it would be a pleasure for me to help.

---

So does that mean that with at least 4 clans and some Australians we could run a league? :3

This post has been edited by Brainie: 02 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

#18 User is offline   kalamazoo Icon

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

LCDLC has a 4.2015 server now. Seems like the player base has dropped a lot for the game. I would love to see it really active again.

#19 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

I hope they keep everything clean and simple and adopt the latest versions of the game. Been playing again since yesterday hoping NA scene was alive and saw a handful of names I recognise so there's hope! NA needs feeder clans. How many groups of players broke off of ALPHA and started new teams..?

On a side note
Anyone else think smack talk in the leagfue forums actually helps the league stay competitive? I remember when I first started in STA and guys who were better than me gave me load of abuse and it made me just want to get better and beat them.

#20 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

You know there's a spark of hope when hasheesh still plays this game.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942