• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Katana Thread Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Sword enthusiasts post here

#11 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postsneakers, on 21 November 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

I'd rather have a European longsword. I never did get the fascination with Japanese culture.

I admire any culture .. but before all I admire (hu)man in every culture that brings up the best of .. well .. anything

you can say I'm fascinated with individual skills but also some cultures that I know (that's more filtrated info's not the real stuff;) have more "exposed" I would say .. to be fair to everyone out there :) may be katana making or cooking, wood crafting .. programming .. you name it :wink:

but categorizing skills or "competing them" are out of my mind .. the work of master is what it is no matter who say what if you read me ;)

respect to all :cool:
best things in life are free

#12 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostMASSmurderER, on 22 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

I admire any culture .. but before all I admire (hu)man in every culture that brings up the best of .. well .. anything

you can say I'm fascinated with individual skills but also some cultures that I know (that's more filtrated info's not the real stuff;) have more "exposed" I would say .. to be fair to everyone out there :) may be katana making or cooking, wood crafting .. programming .. you name it :wink:

but categorizing skills or "competing them" are out of my mind .. the work of master is what it is no matter who say what if you read me ;)

respect to all :cool:

Well, I don't know but the european cosplaying types, particularly the vikings are pretty rude generally they don't know when to quite and sometimes they can just hurt you bad because they get into berserker mode and while I can and HAVE GONE Super Saiyan back, I find that this approach just leads to bad will down the road. I totally admire the viking longsword it is a great instrument for killing irish monks and non-player characters.

Respect but with my skills I would totally ginsu up any and all wielders of the longsword with my katana skills but if you came at me in numbers I would give you 3:1 to be fair ok.

This post has been edited by aspergersman: 22 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

#13 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Vikings were actually very skilled and organized warriors. That stereotype wild berserker image isnt rly true. Also a european knight (assuming both warriors have the same skilllevel) would win against a samurai any day.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#14 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 23 November 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Vikings were actually very skilled and organized warriors. That stereotype wild berserker image isnt rly true. Also a european knight (assuming both warriors have the same skilllevel) would win against a samurai any day.

I have never met a man with a longsword who could defeat me in single combat ever but this one girl who was pretty hot almost did but I had really bad allergies that day plus I don't like scented candles because I think I might be allergic to them ok. So all cool but if longswords are so awesome how come I don't see my friends (who are all highly intelligent) not buying longswords and stuff?

Ok so that's that. No harmful words ok.

#15 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I think knight "idea" failed big time in western culture so samurai symbol gives comfort in "better tomorrow" :ph34r:

long ;) story short - good guy wins

p.s. competition is just one of many perspectives .. and being one and only feels kinda ... ironically without perspective :biggrin:
best things in life are free

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

View Postaspergersman, on 23 November 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

I have never met a man with a longsword who could defeat me in single combat ever but this one girl who was pretty hot almost did but I had really bad allergies that day plus I don't like scented candles because I think I might be allergic to them ok. So all cool but if longswords are so awesome how come I don't see my friends (who are all highly intelligent) not buying longswords and stuff?

Ok so that's that. No harmful words ok.

#17 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Compelling evidence but nowadays no one goes walking around in plate armor or chain mail and I'm in the here and now world, not some time travel speculation. If I have to choose a sword for self defense would I go with a katana or a longsword?

The katana is concealable, fast and mobile. The longsword is none of them. Edge katana no pun intensive.

If I'm live action role playing and I fight like a paladin which I hope I don't have to because they are lawful and good, but if I have to I'll try to keep him busy with parrying and dodging while my magic user and missile equipped party members destroy him if not I'm like not going to try and reason and its time to take him down its me or him, its going to be him 95.5% of the time.

#18 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well i dont need to have a weapon with me when i go out of my home to buy bread or something :smile:

Just saying in a straight up fight the longsword is better.

#19 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 23 November 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Well i dont need to have a weapon with me when i go out of my home to buy bread or something :smile:

Just saying in a straight up fight the longsword is better.

I asked the master of my dojo who is also my swimming coach which is better the longsword or the katana and he said that each has its purpose - if you are a fantasy guy who likes to slay dragons go with the longsword because its good for that but if you have problems with like the guys in my neighborhood who trashed my nativity scene last year. Like my pumpkins I put out people here have no respect so I will show them respect because without honor I would rather die than to let someone walk on baby Jesus IN MY MANGER and I got real floodlights so I will DEFEND IT WITH MY LIFE!!!!

No one has a code to live by these days mine used to be live and let live the golden rule and now its death before dishonor. They took my pumpkins and threw them in the street and were cowards because they knew I was at my sisters piano recital at the time. They planned it and executed with extreme prejudice and my pumpkins (which I paid for WITH MY OWN MONEY) were in the street run over and squished to pieces, and they were beautiful at one time and people just destroy beauty for no good reason. Y ou think this is a game, well now it is like Bruce Lee it is a game of DEATH!

#20 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

`Murica must be a scary place :)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942