• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Katana Thread Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Sword enthusiasts post here

#31 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

Not to discourage you , but it is not sure that when you go to Japan you will be let to learn . It is not like there are no westerners tried & failed .

Those videos are just ridiculous .

A knight will never get a bow , it is for them but a peasants weapon .
Because everyone can use it (yes , there are exceptions of bows which requires more stregth , but we are speaking of the mentality here) .
''Blue-blooded'' noble is not equal to a worthless yokel .
Oh & there were no PoWs archers , guess why ...

The knight's armour is overrated it is not entirely_cast_one_piece .
BTW I do remember some king's armour (more specifically joints) was used as an example for making of cosmonaut astronaut suits ... So they weren't bad either .

There is much more to the subject , anyway I am not going tell you .

#32 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostTxc, on 08 December 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Not to discourage you , but it is not sure that when you go to Japan you will be let to learn . It is not like there are no westerners tried & failed .

Those videos are just ridiculous .

A knight will never get a bow , it is for them but a peasants weapon .
Because everyone can use it (yes , there are exceptions of bows which requires more stregth , but we are speaking of the mentality here) .
''Blue-blooded'' noble is not equal to a worthless yokel .
Oh & there were no PoWs archers , guess why ...

The knight's armour is overrated it is not entirely_cast_one_piece .
BTW I do remember some king's armour (more specifically joints) was used as an example for making of cosmonaut astronaut suits ... So they weren't bad either .

There is much more to the subject , anyway I am not going tell you .

No please do because I need to know and I feel like maybe there is a something I may have missed and do not wish to live a life of bare repetition because I took a wrong turn somewhere like when I took up Kuk Sool Won instead of Jeet Kun Do and leveled up a lot but when I was defending a damsels honor my flaws were exposed and I was cast down defeated and had to look a long time in the mirror and decide if I was going to live the life of a coward or go buy the DVDs and learn from the masters.

#33 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

imo;
you can't buy skill .. not to mention honor .. same way you can't sell it :wink:
earn it .. try it .. it's free :biggrin:
best things in life are free

#34 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#35 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostMASSmurderER, on 10 December 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

imo;
you can't buy skill .. not to mention honor .. same way you can't sell it :wink:
earn it .. try it .. it's free :biggrin:

About the DVDs .
Well , people have bills to pay & if they have to engage themselves personally with every 'wannabe' - now that will be such a wasting of time ...

Honour , depends how you define , can be bought .
There is honour and honour ...

View Postaspergersman, on 09 December 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

No please do because I need to know and I feel like maybe there is a something I may have missed and do not wish to live a life of bare repetition because I took a wrong turn somewhere like when I took up Kuk Sool Won instead of Jeet Kun Do and leveled up a lot but when I was defending a damsels honor my flaws were exposed and I was cast down defeated and had to look a long time in the mirror and decide if I was going to live the life of a coward or go buy the DVDs and learn from the masters.

My main suggestion is that you were just sarcastic .

Anyway I will answer you , because I am such a nice person ;) .
You don't want to speak with me about martialart/s .
If I eventually decide to do , you cannot expect me explaining you anything , but just insults ....
& by dafault I don't speak about it with people .

Telling to someone what to train is bad practice & I am not going to do it .

I do have the feeling that you are mentioning damsel defending & for gender representation , but you cannot prove it in anyway here . Not that ones gender have meaning for me . Individual matters .

Damsel defending - not very original motivation , if your training depends on my decision that is more than poor argumentation & if there is nothing else making me change my mind ...

Some advice :
Don't attempt doing 2 fingers stand like the fellow on the left (not very sure how good you can see it after it was resized for use in urbanterror.net ) ;) .

<- It might look easy and it is easy to do the stand and it is child's-play & also it is even much more easy & 100 % that you will break your fingers . That old bastard might do it , but only because he is old doesn't mean he is weak , last time I checked just 2 people in the world can do it without to break their fingers .

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942