• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CMM map design competition Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   hawkeyepl Icon

• Account: hawkeyepl

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi, all.
I study Civil Engineering in Poland. I would like to see building based on my parents resort on polish Baltic coast. When my parents takeover building we often just play hide-and-seek inside with brothers and friends. Now resort is working. But it would be fun to play on UT inside this building, just add this aura of horror / abandoned building from my childhood into it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you would need more sketches of this kind ask.

This post has been edited by hawkeyepl: 10 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

#22 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostJohnnyenglish, on 10 December 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Yeah, I like it and I like everyone's entry so far.

When we discussed this competition I didn't really think anyone would enter, I'm really pleased you've all taken the time to draw up your ideas and post them here.

Keep the jams bumping and we'll keep showing up to the party with more friends. Seems like UrT mapping is making a comeback. I'd sure like to think frequent game updates by FS are to thank/blame for the renewed interest from mappers. :) gj all!

#23 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Oh man, if I wasn't a CMM member I'd submit an entry :D

#24 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

View Postxandaxs, on 20 December 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Oh man, if I wasn't a CMM member I'd submit an entry :D

Well you are a mapper, so go and make it :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#27 User is offline   Marvin Nash Icon

• Account: marvinnash
  • Main tag:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

As last-minute entry to this competition I would like to present you a very original map design. It was drafted from scratch for this competition. We found that there are not many Africa-themed maps out there, and we would like to change that by proposing a map design based on the Serengeti region.

Posted Image

Description with pictures:

This map is intended to be the size of ut4_riyadh (if possible). In the north people spawn covered by big white tents, in the south they spawn inside the village or maybe even inside the huts of that village. From their spawn people can move into several directions. They can take the road to the flag (if it is CTF), or towards one of the transportation devices, or just move into the brushwood (dotted area).

Roads can be anything, either sand roads or just tyre tracks in the grass. In the west, the transportation device is a typical plane, in the east, there are Jeeps. In the middle, there is the river, just like on the picture above. At the river banks there is thick brushwood (dotted area) blocking sight from snipers and allowing some nice close quarter combat. The river is relatively deep, but at the spots where the road crosses the river is more shallow (fording). On the west fording there is a tiny strip of land sticking out of the water, on the right one there are rocks in the water. Both allow one to jump over the water without even getting wet or making too much noise. In the center of the map, there are multiple crocodiles swimming around. You can use them to hop in small jumps over the water (a bit frogger style). Alternatively you can time it right to jump over the water fast. It is also possible to swim below one of their massive bodies to avoid enemy fire. They are well fed and do not mind!

The rocks in the middle of the map are strategic points to control the river region and the trees. The trees are meant to be those typical Serengeti-trees. Each of them is climbable like a ladder and can serve as sniper platform, each of them just close enough to the next one to allow players to jump from tree to tree. It is faster, but it is also exposed to players at the same altitude. If possible, snipers are not supposed to be able to snipe into the other team's brushwood area because sight is blocked (Same principle Wily mentioned).

Posted Image

There are two spots with a star: between those spots, on treelevel-altitude, there is a hot air balloon traveling back and forth. If your timing is right, you can jump onto it from one of the trees.

The map, like it is now, is able to support multiple game types.
CTF: From the flag, there are a few different routes players can go to cap the flag.
  • Take the direct road towards the river, transportation devices should provide cover.
  • Just hop into the brushwood and be out of sight.
  • Due to some nicely placed smaller trees players should be able to get up into the trees easily without having to climb. If they want to get down again I would suggest using one of the giraffe-necks to slide back into the brushwood.
  • Hide in the enemy camp before making your way out of the danger zone.

TDM: In TDM it is the classic battle between the camps, village or tents.
BOMB: In bomb mode people think more strategic. Their goal is to blow up the other team's transportation device so they cannot leave the area anymore. Poor lads, most likely future crocodile food.
FFA: It should be possible to evenly spread a larger amount of spawns in the various corners on the map.
CAH: The flag areas, bomb sites, rocks and tall trees qualify as capture points.

Thank you for considering our design proposal. If our map gets chosen as winner we would be available to take part in the development of the map to help working on the details.

The Fallin Angels Clan

This post has been edited by Marvin Nash: 06 January 2014 - 04:51 AM

#28 User is offline   Picola Icon

• Account: picola
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

The competition is now closed to submissions. We will post a new topic in the next day or two where you will have the oppertunity to vote for your favorite idea.

Thank you and good luck to all those who have submitted an entry.
we make your maps so you dont have to.

#29 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hey i know This post might be too late but i felt like it's needed since not enough suggestions have been added.

Here we go!

My idea and Story line:
A map which takes place inside a futuristic bomb shelter/vault (Inspirations taken from the Indie-game Afterfall:Insanity)

The Shelter/vault is not just some small hole meant to hold people alive for a short time, no i'm talking about a Vault big enough that it could be compared to a small Town. A vault built to last for centuries. A high technological place with stores and gardens. A place filled with life and love Oh and terrorists, Yup this is where this positive story about how life always finds a way ends. Because Death also always finds a way... No mater how good things seems to be there is always people who wants more and people who lives to destroy, this map takes place in an event about just those people trying to ruin this perfect vault life. What kind of person are you, and what role will you take next?
The Guardians of this town? Or the Barbarians who is trying to destroy it?

Inspiration Photos(Taken from the games Afterfall:Insanity and Fallout3):

Vault Public Areas:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vault Behind the scenery, The mechanic rooms to hold it up and going:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Art/Propaganda Style:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More Photos: Click Here

Additional ideas about style and layout:

So this map will be taking place in two types of environment. The First is the main Vault area that is bright, clean and fancy (might be some blood on the walls and destroyed furniture's laying around though) and the Second is The Machinery area that is filthy and dark.
The map will be will be both filled with open areas and tight corridors, height differences with 2 enter able floors and the middle area will be opened up with a garden and plenty of ways to shoot from.
The whole red and white style from the photos is something i really love and both Afterfall: Insanity and Mirrors Edge who used this art style looks simply amazing.

If i can be part of the making of this map i can assure you it will be something to look forward too.

Hope this made you interested and i hope you will vote for my idea.

See you around!

//Swiiitan
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#30 User is offline   Freshh Icon

• Account: freshh
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

fack now I got a good idea, but the competition is closed now xd

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942