• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tactical Goggles Rate Topic: -----

Work Needs to be done..

#11 User is offline   Kaghnl Icon

• Account: kaghnl

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:57 PM

I am against tac goggles, why there's a huge advantage like distance, seeing through certain kind of objects like in water or behind certain doors an many other.

#12 User is offline   Kaghnl Icon

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:24 PM

Tac goggles are for newbies, perhaps they should play against each other in specific servers just for those using them

I would strongly consider to kick or even ban players for using :cool: :cool: :cool: it.

#13 User is offline   m4nkeym0nkey Icon

• Account: m4nkeym0nkey
  • Main tag: mud|

Posted 13 March 2021 - 10:35 AM

View PostKaghnl, on 12 March 2021 - 11:24 PM, said:

Tac goggles are for newbies, perhaps they should play against each other in specific servers just for those using them

I would strongly consider to kick or even ban players for using :cool: :cool: :cool: it.

No need to kick or ban players at Monkey's now :dry:

#14 User is offline   Kaghnl Icon

Posted 13 March 2021 - 10:47 AM

View Postm4nkeym0nkey, on 13 March 2021 - 10:35 AM, said:

No need to kick or ban players at Monkey's now :dry:

Love this many thanks!!

#15 User is offline   m4nkeym0nkey Icon

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:47 PM

View PostKaghnl, on 13 March 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

Love this many thanks!!

You’re welcome. I’d been toying with the idea for a few months.
Not too sure that they are for newbies though. Back in the day , they had their proper use especially with CTF and guarding the flag. Nowadays people tend to play TDM like it’s FFA but with teams. Like you don’t see people actually medic’ing like they used to. I could be sat on near zero health and my team mate will just run on by. That is annoying to me.

I think most are just lazy and the goggles allow them not to improve their game or even try.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 15 March 2021 - 01:44 PM

Have goggles changed since 4.1 or are players now using them as a really shitty version of a "wallhack"?

I haven't played pub or barely at all since 4.2 came out (apart from jumps) and tac gogs were nothing but an annoyance to wear, just confusing to play with and awful unless you're on guard/attack of flag with smoke nades.

#17 User is offline   m4nkeym0nkey Icon

Posted 15 March 2021 - 02:40 PM

From what I can tell - no they’ve not changed. Don’t get me wrong there is a time and place for them but a TDM server isn’t either of them. Like you said looking through smoke when you are guarding the flag.

I hate them and never used them. The fact that you cannot differentiate between teams is bad especially if team killing is allowed.

Seems people use them as a lazy way of playing. Not too sure about using them as a bad excuse of wall hacking. I mean if you are that way inclined to cheat it’s a really poor way to show it lol

You should come back and play. Monkey’s Playground. over 130 maps in the cycle. Random weapon/ gear availability/ nukes/ gravity. Whole range of skill players. Not too many cheaters (I permban straight away - ain’t nobody got time for that)

#18 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:21 PM

I only use tacgoogles as a counter move for when someone is spamming smoke grenades. And I have seen some servers turning into "Silent Hill" mode a lot... It's annoying...I think there is a way to improve the combo. I don't know if the game engine have this feature but tacgoogles could work by changing the brightness of the textures instead of rendering that bright aura (maybe using vertex lightining) and fading it at distance, w/o those box lines, but keeping the color shading look we have right now.For the smoke, maybe some transparency at close range, making it 100% opaque at distance but letting some degree of visibility at close range.And the most important thing, make the smoke white for both teams.

This post has been edited by bloodlock: 17 March 2021 - 10:22 PM

there is no knowledge that is not power...

#19 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 02 May 2021 - 04:28 PM

Back in the day a lot of the time smokes were used mostly in order to cause fps drops to enemy team(because exploiting the game is the way to go and not a fair fight). As soon as you realise that your team suffers as well it turns out to be less than a clever idea. And yes, back in the day just as now most ''players'' try to run UrT on a multiple decades old hardware (Smart folks you say? Don't make me laugh!) and ''I am the operator with my pocket calculator'' is so 80s, I got nothing against the 80s though...

''Reducing'' CTF to a ''mere'' TDM is but common lame cry of noobs.

Are you trying to tell us that shooting skill doesn't matter in UrT?!

CTF is basically TDM with two flags (usually symmetrically) sticked on the map.
Most of the time most players play CTF in order to not play TDM where the only goal is to frag stuff. And having that flagging distraction and to have a better fragging and less being fragged experience. So you shall not expect every CTF match to be focused on capturing flags. And really, unless there are players who know for real what they are doing there is no much point to pretend that you are playing for the capture. When the one side captures nonstop flags and the other has no clue who to stop them or ''what the heck is going on?'' it is pointless to play for the cap.

As of giving you ''first aid'' none is supposed to babysit you and you can literally be killed out of nowhere during such a medical interventions way too often to be a reliable strategy. One frag for the opponent is better than two. There are some details of how you can improve slightly your chances, but I will leave leave you to figure them out, still it is a barely noticeable and your chances are slightly better. And of course I am talking for the most often occuring situation where you are 1 corner away from the enemy. Taking yourself back enough to a safe distance is usually not an option.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942