Urban Terror Forums: Logitech G302 and similar mice, best settings or advice? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Logitech G302 and similar mice, best settings or advice? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   monstro Icon

• Account: monstro

Posted 21 March 2021 - 12:49 AM

Hi.
I had used a simple office mouse before. Today I got Logitech G302 which is supposed to be a gaming mouse. However, I find it extremely difficult to play with it, if not impossible. I can't figure out what settings should I enable / configure so that I can get the best results. Maybe someone who has a mouse from these series G3402, G402, G502 etc, can recommend good settings - dpi, enable or disable gaming mode, all that stuff that you can configure from Logitech Gamins Software. There is a button on that mouse that allows switching dpi. Not sure if I understand, but how is possible to play with dpi > 400 ?? Why these mice have dpis as high as 4000 in my case? The cursor just flies away with a speed of light. What's the point? Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 21 March 2021 - 09:40 AM

The point is that people are stupid.

Mouse manufacturers want to diversify their products and maximize the gain.
Let's not forgot the constructors. They need to eat bread, too. It is always better to create something that is proven to work perfectly for so many decades than inventing something of real value. Also, it takes talent and vision, something that mice makers doesn't have.
Why to buy an efficient simple mouse when you can buy a complex one that might be not as good, but it is shiny and even sometimes have more buttons?

Like keyboards don't have enough buttons already...

However, game manufacturers seem not to agree with the logic that more buttons makes the controller better and try to push console gaming trends on PC ...

And regardless of that minor differences of opinion both groups are not interested in giving you what you need, but selling you what is easy to make and what they tell you that you want. Different niches, same methods and goals (not the same manufacturing methodes though, I meant socio-mental ones).

#3 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 21 March 2021 - 10:05 AM

I forgot to mention that simple mechanisms are more sturdy and harder to break.
This is not good because you won't buy a new mouse that often, but of course it has a guarantee that it won't break for a period of time (unless you don't damage it and looks like it is your fault). Now can you answer yourself why wireless mice got so popular lately?

Another thing I didn't mention is that players (or shall I say ''players'' more likely?) are gullible and naively think that it is better for their performance to buy expensive prereferral devices instead of a proper CPU, GPU, Motherboard, Power supply unit and RAM, Cooling, Monitor you know the stuff that really matters. And they are also very bad at saving money...

#4 User is offline   monstro Icon

• Account: monstro

Posted 21 March 2021 - 02:38 PM

What does it have to do with my question? I didn't buy it. Just asking what are the best settings for URT since I already have the mouse. We all know marketing is a lie and a capitalist bullshit. As a matter of fact the best mouse I had, was this one: https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B004577GX8
Now I have a much more expensive Logitech G302 gaming mouse https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B00OHJY7C2/, and I can't even aim properly, very unstable movements with no precision. So my question is - WTF?

This post has been edited by monstro: 21 March 2021 - 02:46 PM

#5 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:19 AM

I have a G402...
I set the mouse DPI to 800, then on the game console I use the command "in_mouse 2" to set the mouse to Raw mode.
After that you use "in_restart" so the last command take effect. Then it is just a matter of finding the sensitivity that fits your game style.
there is no knowledge that is not power...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   hjr Icon

• www.urbanterror.de
  • Account: hjr
  • Main tag: _-TS-_

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

View Postmonstro, on 21 March 2021 - 12:49 AM, said:

Hi.
I had used a simple office mouse before. Today I got Logitech G302 which is supposed to be a gaming mouse. However, I find it extremely difficult to play with it, if not impossible. I can't figure out what settings should I enable / configure so that I can get the best results. Maybe someone who has a mouse from these series G3402, G402, G502 etc, can recommend good settings - dpi, enable or disable gaming mode, all that stuff that you can configure from Logitech Gamins Software. There is a button on that mouse that allows switching dpi. Not sure if I understand, but how is possible to play with dpi > 400 ?? Why these mice have dpis as high as 4000 in my case? The cursor just flies away with a speed of light. What's the point? Thanks.

Hi
I am no expert on mouse settings and my english is not the best. I use a Logitech G502 Proteus and Software Logitech G Hub
I recommend
1. Set your Mouse speed in your Windows system to a lower speed
2. Set your Signal Rate in G Hub to highest level
3. set in_mouse -1 in your CFG
4. set DPI to what ever u want and go to a empty server
5. Try your movement to make a 180 degree turn
6. some players like high sense (short movement with mouse = big movement from your player. Some like low sense so i do
7 if your mouse moving to fast or to slow reduce or increase your DPI,i try to show u a screenshot from my DPI Settings wich are german language but it should be same in english or any other language
9. Try out some differend changes but change only one think, go to server , try movement go back change again ......

Sometimes one day to another day i feel my movement is differently so i made some DPI settings close to each other and switch ingame between them. Most time my highest DPI is working fine

Posted Image

Good luck

This post has been edited by hjr: 22 March 2021 - 10:03 AM

#7 User is offline   Comprichard Icon

• Account: comprichard

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:23 PM

Try 2000 dpi then in game set your sensitivity to a low number I use 2.2 you can go in game then type /sensitivity 2.2
Or 2.3 etc just keep trying till it feels right.
Also Try turning smooth mouse off in the game settings

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942