• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

End of the 4.1 era Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Nstar Icon

• Account: nstar
  • Main tag: [COD]

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

View Postaimoo, on 16 December 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

What will happen with servers still standing on 4.1 version?, i have my server hosted on gametracker.

SR8 works better on v4.1, not good on 4.2

The only problem with Sr8 in 4.2 is that we are still in a rapid release schedule, so nobody wants to take the time to make the mods which could be obsoleted in a matter of weeks.

But, using g_gear 61 or equipment b3 mods works just fine for now.
To that end, will we ever see complete weapon/equipment control from g_gear devs? I think that is something the entire community would really appreciate, though I have no idea how involved that change would be. I assume it's how it is now because that's the only way it can be.

If your speaking about hit locations, then I think you really need to give 4.2 a try. The 90 butt and 97 groin are the bane of old hat snipers, but they really add a wonderful depth to Sr8. Getting hit in the groin places one in quite a conundrum. Do you try your damnedest to get one final shot off before you bleed, or do you jiggle around avoiding the next shot while medding yourself to 1%? Very exciting. And those 50 arm followed by 40 feet shots are spirit crushing when you're doing the shooting, but for everyone else on the server, it's quite exhilarating.

Anyway, if you are still unsure, feel free to watch some of the first and second round matches of the UTSC Sr8 Tournament on our youtube channel for a better look into how Sr8 plays out in 4.2. As you'll see, pros have no trouble in 4.2 because they hit chests and heads and don't have to worry about the new hit locations :P

#12 User is offline   Jacepriester Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

This probably isn't the place for a shameless plug, but given all the SR8 discussion .. 4.2 SR8 works just as well as 4.1 SR8, and so does the modding. Not Even Trying has a 4.2 SR8 server up at NotEvenTrying.net:27990 - no funky B3 mods and no bugs. And we don't have to remake any mod for each release, so with each update we're always ready to go immediately.

#13 User is offline   supermarth Icon

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

RIP 4.1
It has been a privilege playing with you tonight.
<+iAt|Blade> eya_allam, add urt pickup or i take your fridge

<+iAt|Blade> f4k3, if you don't answer i take off fridge to eya allam

<+warbot031> [PCW] #iat @ quakenet - iat|blade - Requested a 9 vs 9 (Additional info: ts)

#14 User is offline   MASSmurderER Icon

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

4.1 you will be missed but never forgotten! :wink:

respect to all & keep them coming :cool:

View PostMuffie, on 17 December 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

This is not true, sr8 works fine, i've played on just about every sr8 server. The hit system is not comparable to 4.1 and you will have to get use to it, which doesn't take long. GLHF

I drink to that
:biggrin:
best things in life are free

#15 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

RIP 4.1

Though i had changed to your older sister long time ago,
i still kinda loved you. You took my urt virginity and now we have to let go.
i will never forget you. Maybe we'll *@!# / have sexual intercourse again on a lan or smth.

cu later alligateeeeeeeeer

This post has been edited by baeX: 17 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   phyys1x Icon

• Account: phyys1x
  • Main tag:

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Sure there's no one that can make you stop, But I think people should be able to play the game they want even if its urt 4.2 or 4.1 , Cause I know there's still a lot people playing 4.1 cause they don't like the 4.2 too much, U cant make people like a game they will Quit urban terror.

#17 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postphyys1x, on 17 December 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Sure there's no one that can make you stop, But I think people should be able to play the game they want even if its urt 4.2 or 4.1 , Cause I know there's still a lot people playing 4.1 cause they don't like the 4.2 too much, U cant make people like a game they will Quit urban terror.

People can still play 4.1 so I'm not sure what your point is

#18 User is offline   Karabounga Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

great news !!!!!!!

#19 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Good decision FS.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942