Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Banlist Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

What's this talk about a new banlist coming out? I was hoping for a xmas present from FS but nope. Maybe new year?

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postsneakers, on 27 December 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

What's this talk about a new banlist coming out? I was hoping for a xmas present from FS but nope. Maybe new year?

were do you see this "talk"? sounds more like a rumour to me.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Gonna look like I'm poking fun at you Nitro but..

View PostNitro, on 20 December 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

We are in the process of answering all the questions in a news post as to why there has been no banlist update. Please be patient.

I can understand the impression that was taken by some from the post though ;)
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#4 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostRunamok, on 28 December 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Gonna look like I'm poking fun at you Nitro but..

We are in the process of answering all the questions in a news post as to why there has been no banlist update. Please be patient.

you have me confused as to where I implied that we were releasing a banlist soon?
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#5 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

But you have to admit it would be cool to released a ban list on new years! Let's start the new year with a new banlist! :laugh:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

people read into what they want to read of things, I guess, yours was the only relevant post to a banlist at all :P

I got what you meant, sneakers, maybe not so much ;)
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#7 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

There are different types of cheaters.

1- The new player who as fun in FFA, then moves to TS and realizes his skills are totally not up to par with others. He (might) think everyone is cheating, so he looks for a cheats to bring his skill up to par. He does not necessarily mean to be an asshole, he thinks everyone is doing it. He is an anonymous player and his account means nothing.

2- The skilled player who competes and wants to be better. This guy gets on TeamSpeak / mumble and others players know him. People can link his account with his location, his voice, maybe his picture.

3- The spoiled mother F* looking for attention. This guy thinks it is cool/fun to annoy people. (He probably has a name starting with "r".) He will get on a server with full aimbot autoshoot and there is no way to ban him, he will always find a way to come back.

If the AC is enabled and FS releases ban lists regularly.
- Players #1 will either NOT think others are cheating, thus will not cheat in the first place, or once caught will never come back. If he does, he will never cheat again. The current system is good enough for those guys.

- Players #2 will get caught at some point. They can always create a new account, but the community knows him, will find him and either ban him again, or focus more on him. This guy will either not cheat again, or maybe he will, his name will get in the ban list again. Since the competing community knows him. It is up to them to prevent him from competing again. The current system is good enough for those guys.

- Players #3 are helpless. Stop putting effort to prevent those bastards to play the game, you are just giving them a challenge... There is no point in trying to make the AC system good enough. It is a waste of time and energy.

Stop trying to build a "perfect" AC system. Those stupid morons (Players #3) who only want to troll are not worth the effort.

You should release the ban list regularly, but lagged by 1 month or 2. this way it will be harder for cheaters to know whether the hack is detectable or not.

This post has been edited by phd: 29 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942