• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gosu pwns Newby Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:01 AM

[quote name='"Fraggin'Newby"][quote="Blade"]I think ur all way to happy so soon... imo GoSu doesn't make a lot of sense' date=' if u shoot some1's hand off with an sr8, that's just as much damage as when you shoot that persons entire LEG of?[/quote']
Let's test it.... lemme shoot your hand off and then your leg off, afterwards you can tell me which hurts more :D

It reminds of when I first started playing, things moving really fast, killing 3 or more people with a single clip (instead of reloading after nearly every kill) and more realistic damage... seriously, this is GOOD![/quote]

I still make multiple kills per clip... You just need higher accuracy imo.

#22 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

You no longer *have* to get a headshot to kill somone quickly...obviously, the headshot still counts as more, as it should be... and the helmet-wearers get protection from one shot before the helmet is gone... these are good things!

omg, gotta go to work!

#23 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:54 AM

hmm, played GOSU yesterday on AoW custom. Nice, really. Gotta admit, that I hate dying so fast, but then if you put the respawns to 10 secs or shorter it is more fun all in all. Though the LR300 seems to be overpowered as a spray gun and so does the shotgun - too much damage and accuracy in mid-long range fire. That just sux. SR8 with 3 shots is good, when the movement penalty is lowered. I think that would be a fair deal. Reload time is already long enough. Didn't try the Negev though, would be cool if it got a little stronger OR more accurate.

Cheers!

BTW: Are there any changes to the PSG?

#24 User is offline   JRllama (old) Icon

• LocationWherever I Am

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

uhhhhhh, sorry....what exactly is GOSU? Do I need to do anything to "use" it as a client side?

Sounds fun by all accounts...

help. :(

#25 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:21 PM

JRllama: You don't need anything. Just play on a server running it. Fraggin'Newby posted a bunch of servers running Gosu in a previous post.

BTW: Are there any changes to the PSG?

As is the case with all the guns, it is stronger.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Goat (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:13 PM

I think its an improvement to game play. The reality thing never did bother me. What always did bother me was the removal of waist shot kills with the SR8. I really feel that the movement penalty alone was sufficent ,we did not need to reduce its power. The complete nerfing of the Negev was a shame. A big movement penalty making it a defensive weapon and reducing the spread would be my ideal.

I agree with F'in it seemed that including all the online variables it did seem to take a clip per kill.

I suppose any change to stop stagnation is good.

#27 User is offline   Nixon (old) Icon

• LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:56 PM

How do we obtain this for our server. EmS will host it as well.

#28 User is offline   Tarquin Icon

• Account: tarquin
  • Main tag: iCu*

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:38 AM

I never knew that the LR could EVER be more accurate than a G36...

#29 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:17 AM

I never knew that the LR could EVER be more accurate than a G36...

test it

#30 Guest_Apollyon

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:08 AM

thing im not happy about is the question , 'Why should i pick a sr8?' i mean its much easier to just get yourself a lr and spray , you only need 3 bullets so... also from long distance with any luck you will hit a sniper in the leg 2 times and then the sniper crawls back around a corner. but the 2 legs now take +- 50 percent damage + bleeding. which IMO is sick. So if the sr8 is te be of any use , the movement penalty ( scopering ) should be lowered.

cheerz....

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942