Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why my nick name cant use more ?

#1 User is offline   drcepacol Icon

• Account: drcepacol

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

Hi...

I play Urban Terror with the same login: "Dr.Cepacol**Br", since the version 2.4, for more than 10 years.

I am brazilian, and I have 42 years old, I am dentist, "MsC" and "PhD" in Dentistry, and i was the administrator of "Terra Server of Urban Terror in Brazil" (The most important server in Brazil), for more than 7 years, until it be closed, a few months ago.

Today, I will try to enter in another brazilian server, and showed a message that I Can´t use more in my nick "Dr." , like attachment show.

I am PhD, I am a Doctor and I use this nick for more than 10 years in this game !

Why I cant use more ?

It´s unacceptable !

Please answer me quickly and release my login original, "Dr.Cepacol**Br" !

[img]http://http://pt-br.tinypic.com/r/4uh20p/8[/img]

#2 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

Why I cant use more ?

Someone ( http://www.urbanterr...ps/profile/drs/ ) reserved the tags:

Main: Drs.
Trialists: Dr.
Team B: Dra.

Anything using that "Dr." as prefix can't be used.

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

There is already a request that such "tags" (like "Dr.";"Mr.";...) cant be claimed anymore.

I dont know how the tag dedection actually works, but maybe you could try something like
name " D r . Whatever"

since the spaces arent shown Ingame but might affect the check.

Other than that you cant do much more than asking the server admins to disable clan tag protection (what they probably wont do) and hope for FS to clear this up ASAP.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Tags such as Dr. Mr. or Mrs. can no longer be protected. Every player should now be able to use them.

#5 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

The better solution would be to have the clan tag added like here on the forum.
So it stands out with a different color or on a separate column to prevent this problem in the future.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Fenix had a better solution for managing tags in game which separated the tag from the name meaning you could have players with the name "Dr.No" and a player with the name "No" with a clan tag "Dr.". He even had away for distinguishing them in game so there would be no confusion between players with and with out tags.

The Idea was simple. Players would join an clan/group on the website, and ingame the tag was fetched from the website via AUTH and displayed on the scoreboard under a separate column next to the players name.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#7 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

Fenix is quite of a genius isn't he?

#8 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

View PostNitro, on 01 March 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

Fenix had a better solution for managing tags in game which separated the tag from the name meaning you could have players with the name "Dr.No" and a player with the name "No" with a clan tag "Dr.". He even had away for distinguishing them in game so there would be no confusion between players with and with out tags.

The Idea was simple. Players would join an clan/group on the website, and ingame the tag was fetched from the website via AUTH and displayed on the scoreboard under a separate column next to the players name.

CS:GO has a similar system. IMO it makes much more sense than the current one.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942