Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Servers in List Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fijimark Icon

• Account: fijimark

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

Trying to play UT 4.2 but there are no servers coming up on the list. I have refreshed, set it to internet, and tried a host of solutions but nothing has worked. Can anyone provide a sure fire solution? I'm not extremely computer savy so please make suggestions pretty detailed. Thanks!

#3 User is offline   fijimark Icon

• Account: fijimark

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

Yeah they were set correctly. I found this to work:
seta cl_master "master.urbanterror.info"

#4 User is offline   2jz Icon

• Account: 2jz

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

View Postfijimark, on 16 March 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

Trying to play UT 4.2 but there are no servers coming up on the list. I have refreshed, set it to internet, and tried a host of solutions but nothing has worked. Can anyone provide a sure fire solution? I'm not extremely computer savy so please make suggestions pretty detailed. Thanks!

Do you have a servercache.dat ? This used to happen to me on another game

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

most likely both 4.1 and 4.2 are installed and share the same Q3UT4 folder meaning both servercache.dat and q3config are being shared by both engines and each time different versions are launched they overwrite the previous changes from the other version.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   kv37 Icon

• Account: kv37

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Hello i will like to ask that can i get the good old servers from 4.1 to 4.2? I miss a lot of servers as i can't play anymore. When I start my 4.1 version, no servers comming up. Can i do something?
KV37

#7 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

The 4.1 master server is shut down, so you can't use the in-game server browser anymore.

Basically, if you want to play 4.1 you need to find the servers yourself, then you can use the console to manually enter "/connect <server address>:<port>"
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#8 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

kv37: Click me.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#9 User is offline   kv37 Icon

• Account: kv37

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

Many people talking badly about all this new things. And for me,it seems so complex, to play 4.1 servers. Can I/ can't I and what to do... Why just let it be, as it has been for years? I know that Urban Terror has missing many players with this.

#10 User is offline   lgda Icon

• Account: lgda

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hello kv37,

I think you have your answers in previous post from iynique and JRandomNoob. Yes, you can play with the 4.1 version but it's not supported by FS anymore so it's a little bit more complicated.
I'll add another solution (which seems to be the simplest for me but let be honest, I'm not totally objective when talking about it :rolleyes: ) described here.
You just need to clear the list, check the preferences, change the master server to master.quake3arena.com, get a new list and then, using the version filter you should be able to display 4.1 servers (I'm getting something like 130 4.1 servers).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942