• You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror HD Gametypes

which one is planned?

#1 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

What Game types/modes are planned for Urban Terror HD?

Obviously we can expect to see Team Survivor and CTF return since they are the biggest current modes played.
Team deathmatch and Deathmatch is also to be expected since its needed for the casual aspect of the game.
Jump mode is also a key into Urban Terrors success and i can expect us to see a much more detailed and customize able jump mode to be implemented.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now will we see Bomb return?
If we do i hope it will be more like Counter Strikes Defuse mode.
What i mean is: Defuse kits should be implemented and would replace the medic/extra ammo slots. This will allow you to Defuse the bomb faster.
Also as some community servers implemented: Cutting the wire. Time is ticking out? You have no kit? There is 4 wires: 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow & 1 Green. Cut one and you have a 25% chance of saving the day.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also will we see Capture and Hold return?
If so i would suggest instead of the current Wave system it should work on a Ticket System.
Ticket System usually works in two ways: Ticket Gaining or Ticket Bleeding

Example of Ticket Gaining: Both Teams starts of with 0 Points/Tickets.
All the Flags/Bases/Points are neutral.
Once you capture a "Base" you will gain Points/Tickets per second during the time you still own that "Base".
The more "Bases" you own the more Points/Tickets you gain.
First to reach the assigned Match Point Wins.

Example of Ticket Bleeding: Both Teams starts with an assigned amount of Points/Tickets.
All the Flags/Bases/Points are neutral.
Once you capture a "Base" the Enemy Team will Loose/Bleed Points/Tickets per second during the time you still own that "Base".
The more "Bases" you own the more Points/Tickets your Enemy Loose/Bleed.
First Team to reach 0 Looses.

I really hope you guys make Capture and Hold return with a Ticket System, i know how competitive and awesome this gametype is from other games.
And with Urban Terrors Movements this can make the tide turn so fast and would provide amazing matches and a truly enjoyable game type to watch (Streams/videos)

What Other Game types/modes can we expect to see?
What other Game types/modes is planned?

Freeze mode? - Probably will be a really fun game type to play casually on public servers.
Zombie mode? - This will Probably also be a really fun game type to play casually on public servers, not a huge fan of it though.
Last Man Standing? - As above this will probably be enjoyed on public servers.
Gun Game? - A fun way of testing all the weapons and will probably be fun on public servers.

Please share your opinions and ideas of game types that you would like to see/would not like to see And why in the comments below.
Also please give me feedback on what i wrote below as well.

//Swiiitan
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#3 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 11 May 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

You forgot about Follow The Leader.
Na i just didn't include it in my list since its not a game mode that is really speaking to me. But Now you have asked for it and we will see if/what the Devs will say about it :)

This post has been edited by JustMe...: 11 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

#5 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

About game modes, I was thinking if it would be possible to split the mode into different aspects, so that each mode is the result of a combination of values for all the aspects.
  • Objective: 0=Jump, 1=Kill, 2=CTF, 3=Bomb&Defuse, 4=Capt&Hold, 5=Follow_The_Leader, 6=Carry_Token, etc.
  • Initial_Teams: 0=One_for_each_player, 1=Players_against_bots, 2=2-teams, 3=3-teams, etc.
  • Team_on_Respawn: 1=Same_initial_team, -1=Killer_team, 0=Zombie_team.
  • Respawn_Timing: 0=End_of_Round, 1=Fixed_Wait, 2=Next_Wave, 3=Random, -1=Freeze [plus a cvar with the respawn_wait in seconds for each case]

So current modes would be defined with sets of values:
Mode  Objective  Initial_Teams  Team_on_Respawn  Respawn_Timing
TDM      1             2             1                 1             
TS       1             2             1                 0
FFA      1             0             1                 1
CTF      2             2             1                 1
Jump     0             1             1                 1 [with respawn_wait=0 for instantaneous]    
Bomb     3             2             1                 0
C&H      4             2             1                 1
FTL      5             2             1                 0
LMS      1             0             1                 0

New ideas are:
Objective 6=Carry_Token means that there is only one special token (represented as a flag) in the game and the players fight to carry it as much time as possible for points every given seconds of continuous possesion. Token is released when carrier dies o it can be droped, etc. Note the mode FFA+Flags proposed in other thread is different from Carry_Token in that in FFA+Flags there must be 2 Flags an to score one needs to carry one flag to the other.

Initial_Teams 1=Players_against_bots means that all players are in the same team (the maximum number of players allowed in server only counts for that team) and they cooperate to kill the bots in the opposite team that are respawned proportionally (it do not need to be 1 for 1).

Team_on_Respawn -1=Killer_team means that when a player is killed, s/he respawns in the team of her/his killer. And obviously, Team_on_Respawn 0=Zombie_team means any killed player will respawn allways in the zombies team. [by the way, maybe zombie mode could need other aspects to be defined, as e.g. asymetric teams, weapons for teams, etc.]

Respawn_timing 3=random means that the waiting time of respawn will be random between 0 and the respawn_wait cvar. This could add another variation for CTF, etc. And as you know, -1=Freeze means that a killed player must wait until a teammate heals or is fully killed by enemy.

All this could inspire new combinations of games modes, as each aspect of modes controls different options.
For example, a mode where each player starts in an own team (Initial_teams=0) but when killed is recruited to the killer team (Team_on_respawn=-1), until only one team is left. At the same time this could be combined with other objectives (only kill, CTF, etc). Or other example is a 3-team CTF, counting a capture to bring other team flag to yours, etc.

I think that now, with the HD rebirth, is a good time to design the modes structure so that it can allow future enhancements without much perturbations. I am sure, developers and users could think of new aspects to combine.

P.S.: I am not sure if this concept of aspects is similar to mutators in others games.
P.S.2: Of course, competitive modes could need other aspects (pauses allowed, referees, etc.)

This post has been edited by karnute: 11 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

The wire thing for bomb is a bad idea if you wanna be able to say that UrT is a competitive game with random elements like these. Also i dont think why we need a defuse kit, it worked fine without for years now no need to make something needlesly complicated.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#7 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

I would like something liek in Wolfenstein: ET where maps are cut in stages (you would need bigger maps for that) where there are different objectives (everything from blowing something up to securing an item etc.) for the attackers to accomplish to get further into the map untill they either accomplished the last objective or the time ran out. Newer games like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare future such modes too.

#8 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 11 May 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

The wire thing for bomb is a bad idea if you wanna be able to say that UrT is a competitive game with random elements like these. Also i dont think why we need a defuse kit, it worked fine without for years now no need to make something needlesly complicated.

Now here i disagree with you. Bomb in Urban Terror has always felt off. Like Team Survivor with an annoying bomb that's only in the way.
What Urban Terror HD needs with Bomb is something fresh.
I'm not saying that my ideas is the key to that, but at least i know from experience as an Counter Strike player how a successful Defuse mode works.

Adding a Defuse kit adds for extra tactical use (Since you have to give up something else to have it.)

The wire system on another hand is random as you say, but it functions as a desperate last way out.
Cutting a wire gives a 25% success and 75% Failure, So the odds are against you.
It is there for everyone who did everything they could but do not have enough time. Doing it otherwise is just not a good idea.
If you think that the odds are too good? then add a 5th wire for lower chance of success (20%)

#9 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

defust kit is an excellent idea, along with maps purely designed for bomb mode would be great. If bomb mode were to be ironed out it could easily become the most played gametype. It features TS gamestyle with an added objective, which imo would be more enjoyable to play.
I would like to see the key gametypes of:
Bomb
CTF
TS
TDM
FFA
Freeze
Zombie
Jump
Gungame

I honestly think that is more than enough gametypes and anymore would be a hindrance, having less but more populated gametypes is ideal. Also Bots should be capable of playing most of these gametypes and not be useless!

#10 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostJustMe..., on 12 May 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

Now here i disagree with you. Bomb in Urban Terror has always felt off. Like Team Survivor with an annoying bomb that's only in the way.
What Urban Terror HD needs with Bomb is something fresh.
I'm not saying that my ideas is the key to that, but at least i know from experience as an Counter Strike player how a successful Defuse mode works.

Adding a Defuse kit adds for extra tactical use (Since you have to give up something else to have it.)

If you want to add new life to bomb mode you should think of something bigger than just a little item, it doesnt add much tactical depth if you ask me.

The wire system on another hand is random as you say, but it functions as a desperate last way out.
Cutting a wire gives a 25% success and 75% Failure, So the odds are against you.
It is there for everyone who did everything they could but do not have enough time. Doing it otherwise is just not a good idea.
If you think that the odds are too good? then add a 5th wire for lower chance of success (20%)

Wich would make it even more frustrating if you would loose an important match just because your opponent had a lucky panick cut.

Imagine for a second: its the national bomb finals in UrbanZone or whatever, its germany vs the filthy french, last match 10:10 score, germany manages to push through the siegfried line/french defences and plant the bomb on one side of the map after a long firefight france manages to kill of the last germans and start defusing but they wont do it in time because germany held them of long enough for the bomb to go off first. So then the frog murderer panics and pushes a random button on his keyboard to cut the red wire and manages to defuse the bomb. France wins the nations cup, the horror. Then a KSK team breaks into the devs house that implemented that and kidnaps him untill the title is given to the team wich deserved it by playing better.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942